Our valued sponsor

Spain - That's Terrifying...

I second that. If you don't see yourself in one of a territorial taxation countries like Thailand and you aren't retired so you can drink pina colada all day long on a sunny Caribbean island you have very few options.

Being robbed on the street in Latam or by the state in the EU, I would prefer the latter.
By all accounts you are more likely to be robbed on the streets of the US by LATAM migrants, likewise African in Europe - than you are down south

True, but remember, to get all that info, someone needs to physically get their hands on your phone first. It's a forensic tool for when you've got the device. Pegasus, though, is a whole different story.

Old school mostly does beat new school.
UAE secret police installed it on my phone in 18 or similar - I walked out of the interrogation into Apple bought new phone, new laptop and dumped the ones I had in the bin.

Was there for a conference on AI.

Wise decision to get new devices. Did you also unlock your phone or laptop during the interrogation?
I was forced to (unsettling experience imagine being stripped naked and hosed and thrown in a locked room).

Hotel room was bugged, and devices were certainly compromised.

Fortunately everything was cloud based and i didn't log into anything.

So they only had access to what was on the device or cached in the device.

Internal corporate IP fortunately was protected.

A few weeks earlier one of the other directors came under a sophisticated hack at their home, and they were also burglarised (whilst in the property).

Was a weird period.

A few months earlier we addressed the UN on Militarisation of AI, whether connected or not, will never know.

Was approached by two parties there from the US, UK, after the conference, company was based out of HK and had Chinese/Pakistani & Monsoon Region Employees. Had moved the company out of the UK in its earlier days due to snoopers charter and the impact that was going to have if we were to go retail facing.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: jafo and DomOCT
I was forced to (unsettling experience imagine being stripped naked and hosed and thrown in a locked room).

Hotel room was bugged, and devices were certainly compromised.

Fortunately everything was cloud based and i didn't log into anything.

So they only had access to what was on the device or cached in the device.

Internal corporate IP fortunately was protected.

A few weeks earlier one of the other directors came under a sophisticated hack at their home, and they were also burglarised (whilst in the property).

Was a weird period.

A few months earlier we addressed the UN on Militarisation of AI, whether connected or not, will never know.

Was approached by two parties there from the US, UK, after the conference, company was based out of HK and had Chinese/Pakistani & Monsoon Region Employees. Had moved the company out of the UK in its earlier days due to snoopers charter and the impact that was going to have if we were to go retail facing.
Good to hear you made it out of there. The fact that everything important was cloud-based or on separate systems and you didn't log into any accounts is really helpful. It's a smart approach to data security, particularly in such high-risk scenarios.

The level of sophistication + circumstances in these attacks suggests some serious backing. I'm curious about the details of these attacks and what you've faced. I'll drop you a PM.

And that's because you did not find out yet about the new Spanish Tax Agency's acquisition. They have bought to Israel the software "Cellebrite Pathfinder" (similar to Pegasus). They can install it in your phone and access all your data: pictures, conversations, the timeline with all your locations, documents, your calls and messages,... everything.
We already have a cybersecurity topic, but in case you missed it: stick to iPhones, make sure you're always running the latest iOS version and keep things on iCloud with Advanced Data Protection and Lockdown Mode enabled at all times.

Reactions: churumbelo
We already have a cybersecurity topic, but in case you missed it: stick to iPhones, make sure you're always running the latest iOS version and keep things on iCloud with Advanced Data Protection and Lockdown Mode enabled at all times.
Commercially we disabled iCloud for everything and Siri

Otherwise yes - different cloud providers where relevant (specific jurisdictions) or localized physical access only servers.

Our front end UX also doesn’t directly connect to our backends also

Also these days we routinely get new devices either every 6 months or at most every 12 months

Oh and steer clear of android / Chinese devices as the sheer amount of pre installed spyware

Low crime in Thailand.

Petty Crime or some Serious Crime at times... but generally quiet.

Russian Mafia control Rawai -Phuket down to Kamala now... pushing locals underground (local crime mafias).

So crime popping up, but nothing a little RTP targeted clampdown won't resolve in due course.

Probably not the place to be involved in crypto though. dimwits seem to think its untraceable and chop people up for money here is kinda common...

Low crime in Thailand.

Petty Crime or some Serious Crime at times... but generally quiet.

Russian Mafia control Rawai -Phuket down to Kamala now... pushing locals underground (local crime mafias).

So crime popping up, but nothing a little RTP targeted clampdown won't resolve in due course.
If you mind your business, don't get into shady things, and don't show off your wealth like a moron, everything's good in Thailand. Good life.

P.S.: recent crypto case, the Belarusian couple and the five Russians.

Last edited:
If you mind your business, don't get into shady things, and don't show off your wealth like a moron
Actually, this applies to EVERY country! Even in Monaco (and Switzerland), if you violate these "uncommon sense rules", you'll get targeted by "*&^%#$" :rolleyes:

1707244301245.png

Physiognomy and conflict of interest say it all...
...now he'll spend the rest of his days in a cell.

1707244580796.png

As soon as I meet or become aware of someone who thinks he/she is entitled to the fruits of someone else's labor...I'm throwing hands! rof/% :cool:

Actually, this applies to EVERY country! Even in Monaco (and Switzerland), if you violate these "uncommon sense rules", you'll get targeted by "*&^%#$" :rolleyes:

View attachment 6160

Physiognomy and conflict of interest say it all...
...now he'll spend the rest of his days in a cell.

View attachment 6161

As soon as I meet or become aware of someone who thinks he/she is entitled to the fruits of someone else's labor...I'm throwing hands! rof/% :cool:
Exactly, everywhere. But I would say, in Thailand, in certain parts of the country country specially, even more.

Reactions: jafo
Fortunately not all countries in Europe are so happy to accept migrants. But let's look at it from the other side. If you don't like to live in asian countries like Malaysia what options do you have left in the aggregate? Let's take everything into account, taxes, quality of life, crime rate, the culture of the people around.
inmigration is bad but only when bad people come here

inmigration is good when it's me who wants to take advantage of better conditions abroad

one of the best congnitives dissonances i have ever witnessed. compressed in such short space too. congrats.