Starting an internatinoal investment company

Discussion in 'Offshore Business Discussion' started by mnschwarz, Dec 19, 2016.

  1. mnschwarz

    mnschwarz Offshore Agent Business Angel

    I've been toying with the idea of starting an investment company and looking for a little info. Basically I already invest globally on my own (through my IBC) and I get pretty good returns. I'm looking to offer this to friends/family initially with a goal of eventually offering to the public if all goes well. It's not intended to be a massive venture or undertaking; just compliment what I'm already doing.

    I considered either charging a small fee of the profits, or perhaps taking loans and paying investors a decent interest rate; or both. I'm not sure if there's any difference legally though it seems there would be.

    Seychelles doesn't seem to require any special licenses etc from what I can find. Correct me if I'm wrong. Would this be a decent jurisdiction to start with? Any recommended lawyers I could contact? Cheers!
    pesto, I'mRobot, maxmoney and 3 others like this.
  2. uplana

    uplana Corporate Services Business Angel

    Seychelles have the CSL company that is what you want to setup for this purpose. I already asked around with different agent what it would be required to to investment on behalf of friends and people I know. It is regulated the same way as any other investment business offered to the public.

    It would be possible to do a closed end setup that would not require a license but you need to know all investors beforehand!
    pesto, maxmoney and mnschwarz like this.
  3. auric

    auric Offshore Agent Mentor Group Sponsor Business Angel

    Did you ever got any further with your plan OP ?
    I'mRobot and maxmoney like this.
  4. maxmoney

    maxmoney Trusted Member Mentor Group Sponsor Business Angel

    Do you want to start a International investment company for own purposes or for public investment? I would like to know how you setup your company for public investors if that is what you have setup? thanks.
    I'mRobot likes this.
  5. I'mRobot

    I'mRobot Offshore Agent Entrepreneur

    For own purpose it does not require a CSL company or license you can do that with any company!
    pesto likes this.
  6. pesto

    pesto Offshore Agent Business Angel

    If investment is for your own purpose it does not require any license in any jurisdiction! I believe OP is asking because he want to offer his services to public? correct me if I'm wrong :)
  7. mnschwarz

    mnschwarz Offshore Agent Business Angel

    Correct pesto. I already invest on my own. I was curious to the requirements if I was to invest for public customers. I haven't gotten any further with this yet but as mentioned it's more of a long term idea and only on a small scale.