Our valued sponsor

stay away from Bank of Georgia

.I'm afraid their USD Intermediary (Citi bank) has problem now

Slightly off topic: Very recently I wired a low 5-figures USD to my account at TBC, using Citibank as a correnspondence bank. No issues whatsoever. If there was a larger issue between the U.S. financial watchdog and Georgia, it would be reflected not only with BoG, but also TBC, Terabank etc. So, perhaps it is just BoG?

Of course, getting money in is easier than getting it out. :p There, I put my faith in my debit card.

Slightly off topic: Very recently I wired a low 5-figures USD to my account at TBC, using Citibank as a correnspondence bank. No issues whatsoever. If there was a larger issue between the U.S. financial watchdog and Georgia, it would be reflected not only with BoG, but also TBC, Terabank etc. So, perhaps it is just BoG?

Of course, getting money in is easier than getting it out. :p There, I put my faith in my debit card.

thanks for your sharing...it's may just BOG's problem...

You should open a new thread rather than destroy a current good thread starters posting!

I don't have BOG only terabank.
I haven't any outgoing payment in usd this week. But I did receive usd last week.
For how long have you been using Terabank by now? I'm asking because I consider them for account opening.

You can negotiate fees down with Georgian banks if you've got large balances.

TBC you basically need local substance now. I'd expect you will need the same with BOG soon. Both TBC and BOG are good banks though if you run your business properly.

Guys does BoG works with EURO accounts?

I think there's probably a bit of misinformation here. There doesn't seem to be a universal problem with USD transfers it's account specific. Would be curious to know what sorts of accounts those involved are holding and what their relationship is with the bank.

it seems back to normal now...

"Greetings from bank of Georgia ,

Dear XXXX,

Please try again to make the transfer ,

Also please take a look that , in the case of transferring in Georgia in Different Bank and in another currency ( not GEL ) , you will need to write down the Recipient Country of Residence and Recipient Address and in Description line you can use only 66 symbols,

Please let us know the result ,

Best Regards ,

Customer Service Team | JSC Bank of Georgia"

this kind minor update...in China it may takes one hour to online again~but BOG take one week and freeze the USD transfer~

I think the problem is I'm from China...can't understand this kind inefficiencies :p

Latest Threads