Our valued sponsor

Strateo.ch Brokerage Account

I use KeyTrade bank in Luxembourg i.e same group. No point going Swiss route unless you ave good reason. Just go with the Luxembourg or Belgium entity.

Reactions: clemens
OK interesting, will check them out. Why not go the Swiss route?

No good reason other than I prefer Luxembourg as a banking/brokerage jurisdiction over Switzerland.

One disadvantage with Strateo is that there is no personal iban, all transfers must be made to BCGE bank with strateo as beneficiary and from a personal account (unauthorized third party transfer).

@MartinEverson: For keytrade.lu, the account includes a Luxembourg personal iban?

is this any better than interactive brokers? or are you using it because it's in EU?
I prefer it because it's a bank and interactive brokers are a broker = you risk is much lower (almost non existent really) in case of bankruptcy etc.

One disadvantage with Strateo is that there is no personal iban, all transfers must be made to BCGE bank with strateo as beneficiary and from a personal account (unauthorized third party transfer).
Unauthorized third party transfer of equities as well? Can you share more about your experience with Strateo?

My preference is UK listed equities as well so unsure how Keytrade Bank is in this regards
That's my preference too, have you tried any other banks\brokers for UK equities?

Thats same with Keytrade. Transfers are via Banque De Luxembourg with Keytrade Bank as beneficiary.

I am also looking at Strateo. Any reason Lux is better than Switz?

Thought I answered this. See post I made 3 posts above your question. Luxembourg is my choice although EU is now going after their competitive advantage :confused:.

EU starts legal action against Luxembourg over tax evasion

My preference is UK listed equities as well so unsure how Keytrade Bank is in this regards

Sorry is this a fee issue or access to LSE issue? Pretty much any broker should offer access to all major stock exchanges. However Keytrade aint that sort of broker. It's really aimed at people who are investing in mutual funds and investment plans as that is how they make their money via retros on fund fees.

Reactions: Elve
Unauthorized third party transfer of equities as well? Can you share more about your experience with Strateo?

That I don't know, I've never done that type of third-party transaction.

My experience with Strateo is good but the stock market is not my specialty, so I can't say much compared to other brokers, I use it mainly for currency exchange and for their strateo invest portfolios.

FYI: Strateo CH and KeyTrade Luxembourg just waste your time with emails back and forth and say they will open an account, but when you send all the documents they decline it. Tried to open just a personal account and never had any issues opening accounts at other brokers\banks for personal account. Don't waste your time.

At least KeyTrader Belgium said right from the start that they won't open for NON-Belgium residents.

Yes right, 0,15% Swiss stamp. I don´t like :rolleyes: but custody fees only maximum 140 CHF per year. If you have 1 million, you pay 140 CHF.
Other banks 3.000 CHF or more! Custody fees is more important.

Latest Threads