Our valued sponsor

Stripe Blacklist Survivor- Any alternatives in UAE ?

SasuT

Member Plus
Jun 5, 2023
France
Visit site
Hello! I'm in a specific situation, and I need some recommendations.

Back in the day, I had this online gig in France selling online traffic/engagement. Well, Stripe wasn't too thrilled about it, and they put a hard ban on me - we're talking blacklisted from using their services, full stop. Doesn't matter if I try with a new bank account, address, or business, if it's linked to me in any way, it's a no-go.

It's been a few years and even though I've moved on from the banned biz to digital marketing, Stripe hasn't forgotten. I've been working with Square and all's well.

Now, here's the kicker. I've decided to uproot and shift to the UAE. Problem is, Square isn't an option here. On the bright side, Stripe's available (Stripe UAE). Question is, will my past misadventures follow me here? Is Stripe UAE separate from Stripe EU or is my name mud here too?

If Stripe's still off-limits, what are my alternatives for payment processors? I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!

You can try using darks.
This can be an option too, if I see that I only have Stripe as alternative.

Another question I ask to myself

One more thing that's got me wondering...

If I get blacklisted by Stripe UAE, would other payment processors in the region be aware of it? I mean, do they share data amongst themselves? I've heard that Stripe UAE is actually Network International for example.

Last edited:
I'd imagine it would be an issue, regardless as its a centralised DB they put you on which is shared amongst numerous parties.

Also I wouldn't use DARKS, as Stripe is a US-Irish Company, but US firmly have jurisdiction over it, which means they may take a proactive approach to prosecuting as it is a US Financial Institution that uses FED regulated banks, it would be a 10 yr statute of limitations for bank fraud, in addition money laundering...

Reactions: Onassis
Look at Payfort in the UAE - owned by Amazon. PayPal is always an option though I don’t particularly like them. Or a gateway with a UAE bank.

Of course, another option is reaching out to Stripe, apologizing for your past “transgressions” and asking them to reconsider your new business.

I got flagged somehow with a bank for one business, but they are happily doing business with me on another venture. Got blocked with Stripe in the past and negotiated my way out of the ban the same day.

Thanks.

I'd imagine it would be an issue, regardless as its a centralised DB they put you on which is shared amongst numerous parties.

Also I wouldn't use DARKS, as Stripe is a US-Irish Company, but US firmly have jurisdiction over it, which means they may take a proactive approach to prosecuting as it is a US Financial Institution that uses FED regulated banks, it would be a 10 yr statute of limitations for bank fraud, in addition money laundering...

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Stripe blocked me in EU, and now every payment processors in UAE will know I'm flagged.

Look at Payfort in the UAE - owned by Amazon. PayPal is always an option though I don’t particularly like them. Or a gateway with a UAE bank.

Of course, another option is reaching out to Stripe, apologizing for your past “transgressions” and asking them to reconsider your new business.

I got flagged somehow with a bank for one business, but they are happily doing business with me on another venture. Got blocked with Stripe in the past and negotiated my way out of the ban the same day.

Gotcha. So a UAE bank gateway would handle international transactions too, right?

I'll explore Payfort and the rest of the alternatives. I won't touch Stripe UAE until I've given everything else a try. My worry is, if I register with Stripe UAE and they block me, that flag might get shared with all the other UAE payment processors. In that case, I'd be in hot water.

So yeah, I'll explore all other options first. Thank you!
(the thread is still opened if anybody has payment processors recommendation in UAE, that of course allow me to collect payments from my clients internationally, but specifically in France)

Thanks.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Stripe blocked me in EU, and now every payment processors in UAE will know I'm flagged.

Gotcha. So a UAE bank gateway would handle international transactions too, right?

I'll explore Payfort and the rest of the alternatives. I won't touch Stripe UAE until I've given everything else a try. My worry is, if I register with Stripe UAE and they block me, that flag might get shared with all the other UAE payment processors. In that case, I'd be in hot water.

So yeah, I'll explore all other options first. Thank you!
(the thread is still opened if anybody has payment processors recommendation in UAE, that of course allow me to collect payments from my clients internationally, but specifically in France)
UAE is well connected to the global network. Network Solutions is the local partner for Stripe. Never had any (significant) issues paying with a foreign card in UAE or using a UAE card abroad.

Emirates NBD cards have some issues in parts of Africa, so I’d imagine the reverse is also true. (FAB works fine though) But EU shouldn’t be a problem at all.

However, you’re probably looking at monthly + set up fees in most cases. If you want to go the Stripe route, I’d say be open with them. Trying to trick your payment processor isn’t something I’d advise.

Generally 3rd party aggregators like Stripe/Paypal (Standard) SumUp/Square will not report to MATCH so I`d be shocked if other processors in the region would be able to see that your Stripe account was suspended. If it was terminated for being a non supported business type as opposed to a debit or fraud there`s nothing to report to a public database anyway. That violation would be limited to a violation of Stripes TOS. Think about it, you were terminated by Stripe but had no issue setting up Square. You`d be able to use the same info to get setup with SumUp and Paypal as well. Also in terms of Stripe, their service has gotten so large that, even with a ban its possible to process through Stripe via a connect platform if that platform is white labeling and handling the KYC. The fees would be increased obviously.

Latest Threads