Our valued sponsor

Stripe blocks transactions

Glidet

Jun 18, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I've been using Stripe for a few years now, charging the US customers over the phone though I'm out the States.
Last couple of months Stripe started blocking the transactions, I guess, the don't like my IP )) I've tried using VPN but it didn't work out well.
Anyone faced the same issue? Any recommendation would be highly appreciated.

You shouldn´t enter CC details directly trough Stripe´s dashboard:

"Manually creating payments through the Dashboard must only be performed when there are exceptional circumstances preventing you from using your own integration."

This could be the reason you are experiencing credit cards being declined.

Or if you are doing more shady transactions banks and payment networks could start blocking your payments.

You shouldn´t enter CC details directly trough Stripe´s dashboard:

"Manually creating payments through the Dashboard must only be performed when there are exceptional circumstances preventing you from using your own integration."

This could be the reason you are experiencing credit cards being declined.

Or if you are doing more shady transactions banks and payment networks could start blocking your payments.

Thanks for your reply.
I do not charge the customers through the Dashboard BUT I charge them from my website. So they give me cc details and I make payments for them.
For a couple of years it' has worked well BUT now it started blocking

Thanks for your reply.
I do not charge the customers through the Dashboard BUT I charge them from my website. So they give me cc details and I make payments for them.
For a couple of years it' has worked well BUT now it started blocking

For a business I was using Stripe. Was processing fine for 1-2 years. And then suddenly 50% of transactions from European country A started getting rejected, and 100% of transactions from European country B started getting rejected.
So the business was for some reason on some kind of blacklist. The only thing that worked was a new Stripe account.

For a business I was using Stripe. Was processing fine for 1-2 years. And then suddenly 50% of transactions from European country A started getting rejected, and 100% of transactions from European country B started getting rejected.
So the business was for some reason on some kind of blacklist. The only thing that worked was a new Stripe account.
I opened new Stripe account and got verified quite smoothly. Then tried to charge mt customers like before BUT the same story - radar blocks the transactions.
Do you think the radar has just become smarter ? ))

I think I got the solution for this. If you click the 'Add to allow list' which is located right up corner on the dashboard Stripe will allow this transaction to go through for the second time.
Do you have any experience with that?

Stripe updated their anti-fraud-alogrithms at the end of 2019/beginning 2020. That's why you started experiencing more and more problems. Sadly there is no official status on the roll-out, but I guess it should be completed by now for every stripe account.
Doesn't matter if Radar is enabled or not. Radar is meant to protect you, the algorithms are meant to protect the clients.

A work around may be to send as much as information as possible about the credit card owner with the API POST. Name, postal code, street, city, phone number. In case you just use some plugin which just asks for the card holder name, cc number, expiry date and csv.
(of course in case your business is not on the stripe ban list. If so, get ready to get blocked super fast in 2020... :( )

Stripe updated their anti-fraud-alogrithms at the end of 2019/beginning 2020. That's why you started experiencing more and more problems. Sadly there is no official status on the roll-out, but I guess it should be completed by now for every stripe account.
Doesn't matter if Radar is enabled or not. Radar is meant to protect you, the algorithms are meant to protect the clients.

A work around may be to send as much as information as possible about the credit card owner with the API POST. Name, postal code, street, city, phone number. In case you just use some plugin which just asks for the card holder name, cc number, expiry date and csv.
(of course in case your business is not on the stripe ban list. If so, get ready to get blocked super fast in 2020... :( )
Any advise where to move from Stripe ? a better processor e.g. Squire or something else ?

Hi mate can u help me around. I have been experiencing severe problems with this. I create stripe account in different id and names. New computer new ip. New domain. Everything. Made probably 15 -20 attempts. They just still catch me. And don't tell me more thank "high risk payment" which is not. Because before that I made 100 k euro on a 1 year old account. Completely legit business. But I got a too much chargeback back then. And I think I got blacklisted. Because I might owe stripe money. But bro I AM IN NEED OF A VERIFIED STRIPE ACCOUNT THAT CAN HANDLE 10 K USD A DAY. ANYBODY CAN HELLP get through the Security barrier.

About the attempts:
I have one now working but I created through shopify. the stripe. And put in Iban of my friend. But used my name and id information. Worked. Apparently. But for this one a used another computer and different IP. But name was mine. But then I tried to create a new account in that stripe and didn't work "business isn't eligible to use stripe because It docent meet out terms and service" blah blah blah.

Also I been thinking to to just start with 200 usd a day. and after first payout scale to to more transactions.

Latest Threads