Our valued sponsor

Sub 183 days tax residency options for digital nomads

BlinkHood

Mar 29, 2022
AND
Visit site
Hello,

I am currently trying the digital nomad lifestyle living in different countries. I was interested in knowing which are the best options for tax residency as a DN that require less than 183 days of residence.

Basically I wouldn't mind living 2 or 3 months in a country and having a 'cleaner' tax state than just not declaring it anywhere which seems like a grey zone to me, and sooner rather than later, banks, brokers etc will require me to update my residence status. At the same time, I would prefer if the residence process is quite straight forward without having to invest a lot of money in the process.
My options so far are the following:

· Cyprus: Requires 60 day residency and creating a company. I need to dig deeper into Cyprus because I'm not sure it's ideal for my type of income.
· Malta: There's a residency program that requires no minimum residence but there's a minimum 15k$/year tax. Not bad but I honestly didn't like Malta that much when I traveled there.

I've heard some stuff about Paraguay aswell, they require 0 day minimum presence but I'm not sure, it feels a bit sketchy and not sure if their tax certificate would hold much validity if my home country decided to challenge it.

Interested in hearing your thoughts.

dubai - rent s**t hole, 1 day per 6 months here on passing through between europe and asia as a stop over to stack up on a heap of condoms whilel hanging out as a beast in asia
Wouldn't high tax countries like Spain, France, UK, etc ask for proof that you have stayed 183 days in such country? (In the case an investigation comes)

And would you get a tax ID in Dubai in just a few days?

Wouldn't high tax countries like Spain, France, UK, etc ask for proof that you have stayed 183 days in such country? (In the case an investigation comes)

And would you get a tax ID in Dubai in just a few days?
No. tax id for people does not exist in uae.
as i wrote to you in other thread. On the crs form, UAE is Reason A - country does not issue tin to residents.
Best is you ditch that stupid bank youre dealing with.

Reactions: BusinessOne
Hello,

I am currently trying the digital nomad lifestyle living in different countries. I was interested in knowing which are the best options for tax residency as a DN that require less than 183 days of residence.

Basically I wouldn't mind living 2 or 3 months in a country and having a 'cleaner' tax state than just not declaring it anywhere which seems like a grey zone to me, and sooner rather than later, banks, brokers etc will require me to update my residence status. At the same time, I would prefer if the residence process is quite straight forward without having to invest a lot of money in the process.
My options so far are the following:

· Cyprus: Requires 60 day residency and creating a company. I need to dig deeper into Cyprus because I'm not sure it's ideal for my type of income.
· Malta: There's a residency program that requires no minimum residence but there's a minimum 15k$/year tax. Not bad but I honestly didn't like Malta that much when I traveled there.

I've heard some stuff about Paraguay aswell, they require 0 day minimum presence but I'm not sure, it feels a bit sketchy and not sure if their tax certificate would hold much validity if my home country decided to challenge it.

Interested in hearing your thoughts.

"Malta: There's a residency program that requires no minimum residence but there's a minimum 15k$/year tax."

Where did you find this information? I know it is 5k if nothing at all if you dont remit proceeds to Malta. (Non dom self sufficiency)