Our valued sponsor

Suggest US bank or EMI for US LLC

StatiS

Jul 8, 2021
Bulgaria
Visit site
I have already obtained EIN number but haven’t received the actual letter from the IRS (just the fax).

I have no problem visiting the US for opening a bank account with a traditional bank. What banks would accept SMLLC with EU citizen as UBO? Business is ecommerce, digital goods mainly US customers.

I will try with Mercury after I receive the letter with the EIN.

Also I prefer not to obtain ITIN as this would take months and I plan to visit US beginning of Jan.

Thanks!

It worked for HSBC Premier, Personal and Business. Not sure about Citibank, never dealt with them.
You mean that a foreign HSBC Premier member were able to open a US business account from another country? I assume that must have been a big business. It's theoretically possible. For example HSBC HK says that the company need to have a dedicated office in HK and a HSBC staff must go to the office to check it out. It's very difficult, even for a bigger HK company.
So to suggest that someone with a foreign HSBC or citibank account can open a US business account is misleading.

You mean that a foreign HSBC Premier member were able to open a US business account from another country? I assume that must have been a big business. It's theoretically possible. For example HSBC HK says that the company need to have a dedicated office in HK and a HSBC staff must go to the office to check it out. It's very difficult, even for a bigger HK company.
So to suggest that someone with a foreign HSBC or citibank account can open a US business account is misleading.
No, it is not misleading. It certainly could be done, but of course the mileage will vary.

I contacted customer service and after answering questions about volume of transactions they told me to put last 4 digits of my EIN in the textbox for SSN.

I wish ebay were that cooperative! They restricted my account until I get ITIN.
Good to know! When I contacted them a couple of years back they insisted that they required a SSN, and wouldn't even accept a personal itin.

I contacted customer service and after answering questions about volume of transactions they told me to put last 4 digits of my EIN in the textbox for SSN.

I wish ebay were that cooperative! They restricted my account until I get ITIN.
That’s what I did with PayPal and it got approved. However as soon as I received $25, I got asked to send ITIN or SSN verification. So now my account is blocked…

Reactions: fshore

Latest Threads