Our valued sponsor

Swiss banks does not accepts payments from EMIs from March 2023?

blackmax

May 7, 2018
Visit site
I have 2 companies in Switzerland with which i work over 2 years. Always sent to them SEPA transfers in EUR from wise and other EMI.

Transfers from march 2023 were rejected by CIM bank and Kaleido bank.

They returned back with note RR04

RR04.jpg

CIM bank told my client that they don't accept payments from EMIs anymore.

I made transfer to 2 different companies and 2 different banks, both returned back, both were working in February.

So, i asume, the decision to block EMIs is the Central Bank of Swiss new rule.

Does anyone have the same problem?

This will affect their clients if true.

I cannot imagine this could be the case. What would be the logic in doing this.

I have 2 companies in Switzerland with which i work over 2 years. Always sent to them SEPA transfers in EUR from wise and other EMI.

Transfers from march 2023 were rejected by CIM bank and Kaleido bank.

They returned back with note RR04

View attachment 4673

I made transfer to 2 different companies and 2 different banks, both returned back, both were working in February.

Does anyone have the same problem?
Are you a national of the country which shall not be named?

Sounds like CIM Bank has some troubles. We were to apply for an account with them but stopped the process after they informed us that there are some "unclear" reasons for why we couldn't receive payments from our Wise account.

Reactions: Forester
We can add to this List of Banks ABC Banking Corporation in Mauritius.

They do reject just based on Internal Policy Transfers received by EMI's as well.

Lately this was the reason that not less guys dropped there Seychelles Company with them to move operations over to Dubai with a proper bank.

For sure the CIM Banque issue is an internal policy thing as well and nothing advised by the Swiss Central Bank.

Reactions: JackAlabama
Yes, in February it was working, try now.
Indeed, that is an interesting development.

But given wise and revolut are extremely popular with the locals, such a (nonsense) policy move would cause some backlash.
I bet the issue lies with these two banks you mentioned, which locals never use nor know they even exist (due to focus on offshore / private bank).

I had issues using EMI currency transfers to EMI banks. They will only transfer to fysical banks. Looks like this could be a catch 22 if physical banks refuse money from EMI currency transfers.

from what ive been told they pretty much accept everyone and his dog.
Well, at least for business accounts with CIM Banque these times are gone, at least for two years – personal experience. (I do not say that it is impossible to open a business account with them but definitely it is not easy-breezy.)
But given wise and revolut are extremely popular with the locals, such a (nonsense) policy move would cause some backlash.
I bet the issue lies with these two banks you mentioned, which locals never use nor know they even exist (due to focus on offshore / private bank).
I agree, just with a unimportant remark that from my perspective, Revolut is much more popular among locals than Wise.

Nevertheless, generally I consider this case worth attention.
I had issues using EMI currency transfers to EMI banks. They will only transfer to fysical banks.
Could you please elaborate more on this? What particular EMIs were concerned (as senders as well as recipients)?

It just seems odd if they are avoiding EMI's payments in this day and age. In any case if anyone feels something is stirring with the bank trust your gut instinct and move your money asap.

Could you please elaborate more on this? What particular EMIs were concerned (as senders as well as recipients)?
In my case I tried Currencies Direct and XE Currency Exchange which both refused the transfer to EMI accounts. Only when talking to staff was I informed why the transfers wouldn't be accepted.
However interesting enough there was no issue using the EMI account to send an exchange to a physical bank.

In my case I tried Currencies Direct and XE Currency Exchange which both refused the transfer to EMI accounts. Only when talking to staff was I informed why the transfers wouldn't be accepted.
However interesting enough there was no issue using the EMI account to send an exchange to a physical bank.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Begining of March CIM rejected transfer to own account in Wise. Manager said bank's policy and there would be no official letter. I sent request to general customer service via site. They said never heard about such policies. In the end CIM asked for bank statement from wise and payments resumed.