Our valued sponsor

Swiss based EMIs or banks for personal account with physical branches?

Sean Restling

Apr 11, 2019
Visit site
Looking for an EMI in Switzerland that also has some physical branch where deposits in cash can be made, I'm merely talking a few thousands euros at a time not huge sums overall anyway, savings account no trading needed or else, I'm mentioning EMI instead of bank as it would be preferable to be on the lesser regulated reporting side.
I've filled in the CIMbanque form which on paper seems ideal but no answer yet, although I did read it can take a while. I'm not a Swiss citizen and I'm a EU resident.

There are no EMIs in Switzerland because Switzerland does not have an EMI legislation. It's entirely an EU/EEA concept.

EMIs are anyway not more secretive than banks. Some jurisdictions are still a bit behind on requiring EMIs to report under CRS, but they'll get there in the next few years.

If you live in a neighboring country, Post Finance or a physically nearby cantonal bank might accept you if you have a nice and clean profile, source of funds, and source of wealth.

Other than that, there are no options. Swiss banks don't want petty cash from non-residents, when they have millionaires and billionaires vying to open accounts with them.

Reactions: ashkoba

Latest Threads