Our valued sponsor

Swissquote vs. Saxo for keeping money

@iloveyouguys
Thanks for the information.

I think this is related to specifically Robinhood’s new checking and savings accounts. IB only offers standard broker accounts which are insured by SIPC as far as I know.

If this is the concern, why not just buy short term USG securities or fund commission free.

I would only buy ETF's on LSE due to UK not having WHT on dividends. I want 100% of the dividends no WHT or lower DTA rate.

Anyway why anyone would buy a US asset especially one listed directly on a US exchange is beyond me for the same IHT reason that OTT mentions and that I have mentioned years ago on here also hi%#.

P.S you can own the US assets via a corporate structure and hence maybe avoid IHT for now. However who knows the future as the US is an empire coming to an end and its desperate as hell.

It’s not exclusively to LSE I think. Xetra and AMS wouldn’t have WHT either.

AMS 15% and XEtra (DE) 25% WHT, Where is ETF domiciled?

Problem with LSE is that a lot of ETFs by Blackrock were withdrawn due to brexit.

Yes sad for UK.

Not only that I noticed others did the same. In fact some brokers have taken it upon themselves not to allow trading on the LSE ETF's where the ETF is available on another EU exchange plus liquidity on some UK listed ETF's is near zero anyway. For me I buy ETF's OTC on dark pools so don't even care.

Fiscality of ETFs depends on several elements : what kind of underlying assets (bonds/stocks), where the ETF is domiciled, accumulating or distributing, where you live. But there is no relationship if the ETF is in the LSE or XETRA etc...

Fiscality of ETFs depends on several elements : what kind of underlying assets (bonds/stocks), where the ETF is domiciled, accumulating or distributing, where you live. But there is no relationship if the ETF is in the LSE or XETRA etc...
If we get the BIG FINANCIAL CRASH as people start to speak about EFT's are for sure not something anyone want to have their money in. Just saying, I'm waiting nothing good to come :(

Reactions: KJK
If we get the BIG FINANCIAL CRASH as people start to speak about EFT's are for sure not something anyone want to have their money in. Just saying, I'm waiting nothing good to come :(
Well the point of index funds or index ETFs is exactly that... just copy an index.

And in a recession / depression, it is probably bad idea to "copy" the performance of S&P500 or MSCI World. So I definitely agree that it is a dumb idea to "put it all into VTSAX" and similar strategies that a re promoted on various "FIRE"blogs, on several subreddits and many blogs.

ETFs by themselves are not a bad tool or bad idea but of course you must have a goal and you must know what you are doing and why. For example - do you predict financial problems of US economy and you see some undervalued economies such as Russia or Eastern Europe? Then buy ussian or eastern european ETF. Do you think energy or oil pipelines are now undervalued? Buy and energy or oil ETF...

Anyone here know if Swissquote/Saxobank AUTOMATICALLY Every year reports your balance/sales with profits to your home countrys tax office?

I mean now that has experienced it ”for real” and found their sales with profits automatically pre-stamped on their annual tax report in home country with amount of tax to pay on profits?

i know CRS law etc is formed to work that way but would be interesting to hear if it really works like its designed on paper.

Sorry for my bad english but i hope i explained what i meant.

Well the point of index funds or index ETFs is exactly that... just copy an index.

And in a recession / depression, it is probably bad idea to "copy" the performance of S&P500 or MSCI World. So I definitely agree that it is a dumb idea to "put it all into VTSAX" and similar strategies that a re promoted on various "FIRE"blogs, on several subreddits and many blogs.

ETFs by themselves are not a bad tool or bad idea but of course you must have a goal and you must know what you are doing and why. For example - do you predict financial problems of US economy and you see some undervalued economies such as Russia or Eastern Europe? Then buy ussian or eastern european ETF. Do you think energy or oil pipelines are now undervalued? Buy and energy or oil ETF...
What would be a good idea to do right now? If you don't want to get stuck holding stocks for like 15 years

Has anybody set up an account with a broker (Swissquote, Saxo, IB, etc.) for a Seychelles company? Thinking of incorporating in Seychelles for an investment vehicle and wanted to see if anyone else had experience in this area. Many thanks!

Latest Threads