Our valued sponsor

Switzerland? Remote open savings bank account, mid 6 figures

Hopster

Apr 1, 2021
France
Visit site
Hello Team OCT,
Western Europe passport holder, looking to open a multi currency bank account remotely for a mid 6 figure sum (legitimate sale of asset/property,) savings only for 12 to 24 months, no trading.
I'd open an account myself in person if I could but I'm stuck a million miles away due to covid and can't get anywhere.
Neither can I open one for pupose where I am, or open one in my home country remotely.
Current bank accounts are at or close to protected limit. I'm leaning towards Switzerland but open to thoughts...
Suggesttions most welcome please, thank you.

The most popular bank to open an account remote in Switzerland is CIM Bank, there are lots of reviews and discussions about them here, below just a few threads:

Furthermore we have made an entire article below with even more banks and information:

Reactions: Hopster
In addition to what's mentioned, SEBA (https://www.seba.swiss/) would also work and cater to remote account opening.

Depending on well into six figures you are, you can try contacting other banks in Switzerland. The lowest bar to entry is around 250-500,000 CHF with some of the cantonal bank and other, smaller private banks. I've heard of people with under a million being accepted as Julius Bär, UBS, and Credit Suisse even if they usually want at least a million. As long as you have 500,000 CHF or thereabout and as long as your risk profile is low enough, they'll listen to you.

You can also look into this bank also.
They are big and safe bank

The most popular bank to open an account remote in Switzerland is CIM Bank, there are lots of reviews and discussions about them here, below just a few threads:

Furthermore we have made an entire article below with even more banks and information:
Thank you @Admin, much appreciated!

Remote opening Swiss bank account

Thank you for your reply @azb1!

In addition to what's mentioned, SEBA (https://www.seba.swiss/) would also work and cater to remote account opening.

Depending on well into six figures you are, you can try contacting other banks in Switzerland. The lowest bar to entry is around 250-500,000 CHF with some of the cantonal bank and other, smaller private banks. I've heard of people with under a million being accepted as Julius Bär, UBS, and Credit Suisse even if they usually want at least a million. As long as you have 500,000 CHF or thereabout and as long as your risk profile is low enough, they'll listen to you.
Thank you @Sols, I'll do some more research into those mentioned, thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: troubled soul
Then go ahead and post your suggestions here. Advertising is only permitted by paid advertisers.
Sorry didn't know that, I'd suggest you look into some of the Baltic countries, of the top of my head I'd say BlueOrange Bank in Latvia would bring about a smooth onboarding process. As mentioned previously, CIM is a very safe bet and they can facilitate a remote onboarding procedure. Both of them will take 2-3 weeks to get the account set up and operational.

Sorry didn't know that, I'd suggest you look into some of the Baltic countries, of the top of my head I'd say BlueOrange Bank in Latvia would bring about a smooth onboarding process. As mentioned previously, CIM is a very safe bet and they can facilitate a remote onboarding procedure. Both of them will take 2-3 weeks to get the account set up and operational.
You consult about offshore banking and recommend Latvian known laundromats to people? WTF dude

To op I would say avoid any bank in Latvia like the plague and in general avoid the Baltics (except a few select EMIs here and there and even they should be used ONLY for transit and not for storing 6-fig savings)

Thank you all for your replies and suggestions, I've started the process with CIM Bank and shall report back on their thread here.
Much appreciated all, thank you!!
Have a great weekend, many thanks again evryone
I would really like to learn more once you get through the process, so I hope you will get back and report here :)

Did you ever spoke, wrote or chat with them? Any livesign?

Reactions: jjrapy
Hi,

I use Dukascopy. There's deposit insurance and it's regulated. I know CIM is similar but better, they have real branches if you visit CH. I think from real branches, you can withdrawal in person too. No idea for SQ yet.

Indeed, apart from remote opening, i just also need to know a crypto friendly real bank (not EMI) which allows multi currency account from non-EU citizen, during in-person visit to CH. Any info?

Cheers,

Hi,

I use Dukascopy. There's deposit insurance and it's regulated. I know CIM is similar but better, they have real branches if you visit CH. I think from real branches, you can withdrawal in person too. No idea for SQ yet.

Indeed, apart from remote opening, i just also need to know a crypto friendly real bank (not EMI) which allows multi currency account from non-EU citizen, during in-person visit to CH. Any info?

Cheers,
Many thanks for the Dukascopy info, I looked at them but decided CIM was a better option for my requirements.
Not got hthe account open yet, still in the paperwork stage.
Sorry, I can't help you with a crypto friendy bank, it's not what I'm looking for so not on my radar.
Good luck!

I would really like to learn more once you get through the process, so I hope you will get back and report here :)

Did you ever spoke, wrote or chat with them? Any livesign?
Wilco, no problem. It's the least I can do for your initial input, for which I again thank you :)
Account not open yet, still going through the paperwork submission phase, I'm up to 20 PDF pages so far nai¤%
I'm probably going a little overboard, but as I've absolutely nothing to hide it should serve to benefit opening the account.
Plenty of email dialog, usually quick responses with the always same person. Slight delay over the weekend which is to be expected.
No e-identification livesign as yet, am expecting that later this week if/when the compliance team accept my account request - which is a multi-currency ₤ € $ joint private account.
Currently on day 6 of the process with a weekend in the middle, please standby, I hope to be able to report back soon.

You consult about offshore banking and recommend Latvian known laundromats to people? WTF dude

To op I would say avoid any bank in Latvia like the plague and in general avoid the Baltics (except a few select EMIs here and there and even they should be used ONLY for transit and not for storing 6-fig savings)
Why "avoid the Baltics like the plague"? I have had an account with LHV bank in Estonia for several years and had a very good experience

Why "avoid the Baltics like the plague"? I have had an account with LHV bank in Estonia for several years and had a very good experience
I didn't say avoid the Baltics like the plague, please quote correctly: I said avoid Latvia like the plague and in general avoid the baltics except few select EMIs\banks. Great to hear about your experience with LHV, I doubt you could have opened that same account today without proven ties to Estonia.

Latest Threads