Our valued sponsor

Taxation while selling items on ebay like this?

ebaydude

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I'm planning to start reselling some items on ebay and I don't know if I have to register that as a business or not. It would be all nice and quality items but I'm wondering if it's worth doing if I have to pay tax on it. I just don't know if I can just sell items, transfer money back, buy stock, sell them and keep going like that without there being some problem with tax evasion or some other crap government is trying to pull to get as much money from everybody to have a big mansion by the lake. I expect my profits to not be that high after all, i don't think many will buy from a guy with 0 reputation on ebay at first...

Ebay is tied with paypal because otherwise I don't think you can accept payments and every single person so far paid me with paypal on ebay while I was selling just my old junk. And paypal will be tied with my bank account because I will need to recycle the money when I buy new stocks so it's definitely tied to my name unless I go some shady and risky way about it, and I want to keep my things as risk-free as possible - I'm not a risk-taker.

I really don't know if my items will even sell, maybe they won't at all, so I don't know what the profits are tha I'm looking at. I think I would sell mainly on the UK version because US would mean high shipping costs adn import duties for customers since I ship from europe.

If you're just reselling a few things on Ebay you're probably better off paying what little tax you owe and going on about your day. It doesn't sound like going offshore would be worth it.

If you're just reselling a few things on Ebay you're probably better off paying what little tax you owe and going on about your day. It doesn't sound like going offshore would be worth it.
I was not planning going offshore in illegal way, I just wanted more information on legal things that I should do and know... That was my question here :/
Much depends on the product, and on the monthly turnover

Let's say my monthly turnover is below 1000 euros in one scenario and another scenario below 10000 euros. And product is homemade and professionally packed food products.

Latest Threads