Our valued sponsor

Tesla Becomes World’s Second Most Valuable Automaker

This billionaire is shilling tesla like mad, anybody have a contradictory view against what he is saying with some ground ?

Quite like this guy, remains true to his beliefs in a non-aggressive way. He's a mix between a book-talker and a Tesla enthusiast.

My only critique is that swapping a combustion engine for battery is not as big of a deal as he makes it sound. YouTube has videos of amateur guys converting their 30+ year old combustion cars to fully functional EVs.

Given a strategic decision, the main competitors like Daimler, BMW, Wolks, can make the adjustments in their production line, and convert 50% of their global output to electric vehicles. WITHIN ONE MONTH! Takes no more than 6 months to totally abandon the production of combustion engine cars in favor of electric.

Since the competition has major investments in non-EV, I believe they just want to avoid aggressive shifts which would result in short-term book losses. Until at least 2025, they will likely continue to feed on non-EV sales, gradually testing the demand for EV models, ramping up the production. Not because they can't make the shift to compete with Tesla today, but because they don't want to slaughter a healthy milk cow to chase the latest trends. A hundred speeches by Merkel or Thunberg won't change this. Only radical measures like a 200% hike in fuel taxes, or equivalent subsidies to EV, in one of the major markets will.

Quite like this guy, remains true to his beliefs in a non-aggressive way. He's a mix between a book-talker and a Tesla enthusiast.

My only critique is that swapping a combustion engine for battery is not as big of a deal as he makes it sound. YouTube has videos of amateur guys converting their 30+ year old combustion cars to fully functional EVs.

Given a strategic decision, the main competitors like Daimler, BMW, Wolks, can make the adjustments in their production line, and convert 50% of their global output to electric vehicles. WITHIN ONE MONTH! Takes no more than 6 months to totally abandon the production of combustion engine cars in favor of electric.

Since the competition has major investments in non-EV, I believe they just want to avoid aggressive shifts which would result in short-term book losses. Until at least 2025, they will likely continue to feed on non-EV sales, gradually testing the demand for EV models, ramping up the production. Not because they can't make the shift to compete with Tesla today, but because they don't want to slaughter a healthy milk cow to chase the latest trends. A hundred speeches by Merkel or Thunberg won't change this. Only radical measures like a 200% hike in fuel taxes, or equivalent subsidies to EV, in one of the major markets will.

It's a pleasure, like always, to see your way of thinking. Thanks. ;)

Thx for the insight, very interesting, didn't thought of that.

I do like the way Tesla is becoming a brand in peoples mind and especially the younglings as the guy puts it well in the video. The potential to reach others markets than just cars, especially the biz with batteries and solar, all this combined has the potential to explode the stock price unlike anything else over the coming years.
Just read that YTD Tesla has outperformed bitcoin :oops:

Tempted to go heavy on it ...

Just read that YTD Tesla has outperformed bitcoin :oops:

Not sure why Elon Musk has not released a Tesla crypto token. I mean he has enough brainwashed cult followers who buy anything he creates smi(&%.

FWIW my short position (in a leveraged instrument) is doing fine, thank you. s**t-la stock price is down 13% from my entry level, which is making my position rather healthy... as I said, and to make my case, this is another crap to speculate with, and when the market goes full retard, you can take advantage of the arbitrage it creates (haven you seen the Dow and the Dax indices lately?) ... I think that if we're in for the money, any way that makes you cash on it works, the rest is pure fiction novel writing or plain wishful thinking. I'm out of this thread for good, fellas...

Not sure why Elon Musk has not released a Tesla crypto token. I mean he has enough brainwashed cult followers who buy anything he creates smi(&%.
strangely enough he hasn't been very talkative on the matter, and from the few time he did he seem not very enthusiastic about it ... although he did recognized the tech has strong ground I think. Too bad that would take bitcoin to the moon and beyond much faster ahah

it's just a matter of time though, he's gonna need a token to run that autonomous car taxi platform that will take over the world, and probably another one for the whole battery and energy management thing smi(&%

Reactions: Martin Everson
strangely enough he hasn't been very talkative on the matter, and from the few time he did he seem not very enthusiastic about it ... although he did recognized the tech has strong ground I think. Too bad that would take bitcoin to the moon and beyond much faster ahah
I imagine it is a bitter-sweet relationship. Musk was one of the co-founders of X.com which later became Paypal.com.

What was the original mission / vision of the company? Well, to easily send money from one person to another, you give me your email [email protected] and I send you digital money, no delays, no KYC/AML, no compliance. You have someone's email, you send him money. You go entirely outside of Swift/Visa/Mastercard oligopoly.

Then Paypal evolved and now it is pretty evil, maybe similar to how Facebook is evil. They are officially a bank with bank licence. If you are a merchant, they are always on the customer's side. If you deposit some money in there, it gets frozen. Huge fees, huge currency spreads, account freezes, random delays and secuity blocks.

Of course Musk is no longer active in it... in regards to Musk's involvement in this area and why he hasn't created a Teslacoin yet. Well he was active in this area long before all the ICO retards and he was successful (in creating a huge company) and at the same time he failed (in replacing the banking system). So I see no reason why he would be motivated to create a "coin" or a "token", it is not a technical challenge and he doesn't need the money.

Reactions: Martin Everson
I imagine it is a bitter-sweet relationship. Musk was one of the co-founders of X.com which later became Paypal.com.

What was the original mission / vision of the company? Well, to easily send money from one person to another, you give me your email [email protected] and I send you digital money, no delays, no KYC/AML, no compliance. You have someone's email, you send him money. You go entirely outside of Swift/Visa/Mastercard oligopoly.

Then Paypal evolved and now it is pretty evil, maybe similar to how Facebook is evil. They are officially a bank with bank licence. If you are a merchant, they are always on the customer's side. If you deposit some money in there, it gets frozen. Huge fees, huge currency spreads, account freezes, random delays and secuity blocks.

Of course Musk is no longer active in it... in regards to Musk's involvement in this area and why he hasn't created a Teslacoin yet. Well he was active in this area long before all the ICO retards and he was successful (in creating a huge company) and at the same time he failed (in replacing the banking system). So I see no reason why he would be motivated to create a "coin" or a "token", it is not a technical challenge and he doesn't need the money.
I was being a tad sarcastic, I thought the smiley would give it up smi(&%

You are right, kind of interesting to hear him talk about early days of paypal and how he was aiming for something crazy and everyone jump on him sort of to create that milking machine that paypal has become.

On a serious note though, long term all those autonomous cars are going to need some kind of programmable currency for the whole autonomous system to works.

<..>
JMP said its new price target of $1,060 per share, one of the highest on Wall Street, implies earnings multiple that "may seem excessive", but argued that with investors still happy to buy unprofitable automakers at lower multiples, Tesla is growing at a compound annual rate of 23%. Based on 2021 estimates, JMP said, Tesla is valued at around 20 times forecasted earnings -- compared to around 18.2 times for the S&P 500 -- and could churn out nearly 2 million vehicles a year by 2025.
<..>

<..>
JMP said its new price target of $1,060 per share, one of the highest on Wall Street, implies earnings multiple that "may seem excessive", but argued that with investors still happy to buy unprofitable automakers at lower multiples, Tesla is growing at a compound annual rate of 23%. Based on 2021 estimates, JMP said, Tesla is valued at around 20 times forecasted earnings -- compared to around 18.2 times for the S&P 500 -- and could churn out nearly 2 million vehicles a year by 2025.
<..>

lol the whole article is to keep pumping Tesla stock price rof/%. It is blatantly obvious when they write the below. (Translation: keep buying cult members is what the article is saying. This company is doomed to failure.....lol). This stock will go through the sky before crashing like a Turkish fighter jet.

Tesla Inc. (TSLA) - Get Report shares jumped higher in pre-market trading Tuesday after analysts at JMP Securities lifted their rating on the clean energy carmaker to "outperform", arguing investors will be able to buy the stock cheaply amid the ongoing market upheaval linked to the coronavirus.

I wouldn't be so pessimistic about the ending. They are still producing some value.

Your right. I suppose they are still employing US workers for now :confused:

You said the same thing when it was 50% lower. Let's talk again at +200% next year :D

Lets do that rof/%. At some point a thing called earnings and reality will matter more than predictions and hope.

guys, what's the point of arguing about this? Now there is great volatility in the entire stock market: if you want - long airlines, if you want - short hype like Tesla. Any trader has a way to do a lot of things now. Any pump will roll back to the correction, any oversold (but not bankrupt) company show recovery. Great time to make some money even with these crazy lockdown, blm, etc.

Latest Threads