Our valued sponsor

Thailand 0% tax

We should meet if you are in BKK now, because I am
HKT...

Thai banks don't support Apple Pay, and lots of terminals at the stores don't accept Apple Pay too.

Quite frequently terminals decline the cards for no reason.
Route your transactions via UnionPay... strong national support for...

o be fair, the qr system works overall quite well. afaik it will be that one to be used.
But then, what do they do with all the foreigners which cannot open accounts? They will be left alone.

The cbdc end game in the plan revealed in my lluminati powered crystal ball 3000 looks to be only applied to the poor unwashed masses.
The recent announcement (70k income, 500k wealth) points towards that as well.
Banking in Thailand is above the US/West in general from what i've seen, been times where withdrawn from an ATM just using the application... could never do that in Europe when i was last there.

Yeah the 10k free CBDC -> entrap the masses (poors) into the digital world so they can confiscate the wealth of the wealthy or debase over the next 25 yrs.

Never paid here with Qr, you just ask them
For the Qr and the payment is made with your local bank?
Use QR all the time, then shamefully recognise i should use Cash instead.

to be fair, the qr system works overall quite well. afaik it will be that one to be used.
But then, what do they do with all the foreigners which cannot open accounts? They will be left alone.

The cbdc end game in the plan revealed in my lluminati powered crystal ball 3000 looks to be only applied to the poor unwashed masses.
The recent announcement (70k income, 500k wealth) points towards that as well.
They are slow but they are trying to create a unified QR system cross APAC.
Wise was testing the SG QR code. I do not know how this will evolve tbh.

Gov(s) like QR payments because it enables them to bypass a lot of restrictions on information gathering as the QR includes the information in it whereas before they'd have to enquire via the banks to release information.

HKT...

Route your transactions via UnionPay... strong national support for...
Any tips for this? Besides banking in HK.
Banking in Thailand is above the US/West in general from what i've seen, been times where withdrawn from an ATM just using the application... could never do that in Europe when i was last there.
The best innovation is indeed as you say this cardless cash withdrawal function. I dont think banking there is that great otherwise tbh.
If they leave one alone with this compliance bs and dont expropriate falangs, than yeah Im more than willing to give extra points.
Yeah the 10k free CBDC -> entrap the masses (poors) into the digital world so they can confiscate the wealth of the wealthy or debase over the next 25 yrs.
Yeah. Sounds like thats in the making.
Use QR all the time, then shamefully recognise i should use Cash instead.
its a highly cumbersome ux and takes quite some time to execute.
a card on apple pay is way above in easiness than fiddling around with these apps.
They are slow but they are trying to create a unified QR system cross APAC.
Wise was testing the SG QR code. I do not know how this will evolve tbh.
Indeed, they copy the eu, but this will take so long in asean which is even more diverse than eu.
I doubt i will outlive this. ;)

Any tips for this? Besides banking in HK.
Crypto Related ? -> Advcash which is Union Card (currently non-working) which is a white-lable card issued by a US card processor to NiBank.com and then issued under Advcah branding.

Non-Crypto Related? -> Nibank.com, Bank of China, Various Malaysian/Singapore Banks.

If they leave one alone with this compliance bs and dont expropriate falangs, than yeah Im more than willing to give extra points.
In all the years i've dealt with the Thai banking system, I've never experienced issues.

Having said that, today there's so many digital scams and even automated reporting is occurring.

Unfortunately a lot of people are needlessly caught up in that, and the criminals are outside of it, for example i know of a house not far away up the road, that is worth about 200mb and has stunning sea-views, inside said house is a room, it's full to the brim with cash.

The cash comes from tours from China where the plebs are given a stack of cash up to the 10k limit, and then when they arrive (their trip is paid for) they hand over the cash (tours) the funds are then converted in to THB (or SGD, etc wherever these operations exist) and slowly invested into the local economies... capital control(s) violations, laundering etc.

However like a well oiled machines... compared to the days where money used to be airdropped over the border(s) lol.

Likewise as mentioned today/yesterday here or elsewhere on the forum, there are indians trying to offload this said cash (working in conjunction with the Chinese) who got spooked in the Anti-Chinese-Grey-Market-Money-Influx to move these funds from Cash into USDT and move it elsewhere.

However they go un-noticed and are on-going, meanwhile the chap that has a small business overseas or transfers a small amount of money is now processed by AMOL and reporting/SARS.

etc.

its a highly cumbersome ux and takes quite some time to execute.
a card on apple pay is way above in easiness than fiddling around with these apps.
Never used apple pay so can't comment (think its more an American thing). Would keep phone IMEI separate from finances etc...

But will say never had issues with the QR... sometimes slow... otherwise convenient - too convenient.

I got a TIN 10 yrs ago... just give that if asked for anything offshore as its reported but not taxed.

UK equivalent (NI number) is irrelevant because UK Citizens do not pay tax when living overseas and have low or zero touchpoints with the UK and no income from or via the UK.

Also don't touch pounds as my financial advisor years ago suggested such.

**NOTE TRC**

I'd imagine it was hard to achieve this previously unless you had a TIN and paid some tax....

In future you likely will have a TIN and pay some tax... therefore should easily get this in the future 2024 onwards.

What will be interesting is if you can add income/dividends overseas on the form (as un-taxable) but 'get them into the system' so later you have a clean clear bill of source of wealth and tax history for said funds.

This is the current issue with HK PR people that can't show how/when they earned said funds except bank statements because 0% tax income is tax free and non-reportable.

Same applies to those previously earning money in Dubai (not sure about now) or other tax havens (an area i had contention).

Last edited:
Crypto Related ? -> Advcash which is Union Card (currently non-working) which is a white-lable card issued by a US card processor to NiBank.com and then issued under Advcah branding.

Non-Crypto Related? -> Nibank.com, Bank of China, Various Malaysian/Singapore Banks.

In all the years i've dealt with the Thai banking system, I've never experienced issues.

Having said that, today there's so many digital scams and even automated reporting is occurring.

Unfortunately a lot of people are needlessly caught up in that, and the criminals are outside of it, for example i know of a house not far away up the road, that is worth about 200mb and has stunning sea-views, inside said house is a room, it's full to the brim with cash.

The cash comes from tours from China where the plebs are given a stack of cash up to the 10k limit, and then when they arrive (their trip is paid for) they hand over the cash (tours) the funds are then converted in to THB (or SGD, etc wherever these operations exist) and slowly invested into the local economies... capital control(s) violations, laundering etc.

However like a well oiled machines... compared to the days where money used to be airdropped over the border(s) lol.

Likewise as mentioned today/yesterday here or elsewhere on the forum, there are indians trying to offload this said cash (working in conjunction with the Chinese) who got spooked in the Anti-Chinese-Grey-Market-Money-Influx to move these funds from Cash into USDT and move it elsewhere.

However they go un-noticed and are on-going, meanwhile the chap that has a small business overseas or transfers a small amount of money is now processed by AMOL and reporting/SARS.

etc.

Never used apple pay so can't comment (think its more an American thing). Would keep phone IMEI separate from finances etc...

But will say never had issues with the QR... sometimes slow... otherwise convenient - too convenient.

I got a TIN 10 yrs ago... just give that if asked for anything offshore as its reported but not taxed.

UK equivalent (NI number) is irrelevant because UK Citizens do not pay tax when living overseas and have low or zero touchpoints with the UK and no income from or via the UK.

**NOTE TRC**

I'd imagine it was hard to achieve this previously unless you had a TIN and paid some tax....

In future you likely will have a TIN and pay some tax... therefore should easily get this in the future 2024 onwards.

What will be interesting is if you can add income/dividends overseas on the form (as un-taxable) but 'get them into the system' so later you have a clean clear bill of source of wealth and tax history for said funds.

This is the current issue with HK PR people that can't show how/when they earned said funds except bank statements because 0% tax income is tax free and non-reportable.

Same applies to those previously earning money in Dubai (not sure about now) or other tax havens (an area i had contention).
Yeah, it's sad that you can't provide proof of funds if you lived in the tax heaven, in Dubai it's still 0% personal tax.

In that case, I would provide some statements from a home country if I paid any taxes there, buy and sell real estate can also be a good options for source of funds, invest in stock market or just provide tax returns for your company, could work.

For TRC I think I would open a Thai brokerage account with some small amount let's say 10k and pay taxes from income

etc.

**NOTE TRC**

Hey, I just had a call with my lawyer and what he told me is that if you paid for any services with your foreign card or bank account considered a remittance, that's how it works everywhere in the world.

That's how non Dom regime works in the UK for example.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's sad that you can't provide proof of funds if you lived in the tax heaven, in Dubai it's still 0% personal tax.

In that case, I would provide some statements from a home country if I paid any taxes there, buy and sell real estate can also be a good options for source of funds, invest in stock market or just provide tax returns for your company, could work.

For TRC I think I would open a Thai brokerage account with some small amount let's say 10k and pay taxes from income
you dont need to do anything then, its being auto deducted at 10% and no need for filing anything. But you can file for this, get the tax credit back and settle the difference.

etc.

**NOTE TRC**

good stuff right here.

Last edited:
Reactions: yngmind
it's not about crypto but can you check your profile? I'd love to connect. Im also living in Thailand.
Also living in thailand ATM, lets connect

For the following years, I would just use crypto and cash it and pay with cash for everything, there are so many ways to avoid it and I think Thailand will be pretty chill about that.
This will be the easier way to proceed.

Last edited:
I think this was already mentioned before, but just in case, here's an update from 20th November:

A resident of Thailand must include the amount that is remitted to Thailand in their personal income tax return, regardless of when such income is remitted into Thailand.

This instruction is effective for any offshore source income remitted into Thailand from January 1, 2024, onwards but shall not apply to assessable income earned before 1 January 2024. (updated by Paw 162/2566)

So basically if you have already a good amount of money earned through bank statements in the previous years before 2024 you can remit tax free?

Imagine I earned 1 000 000 in the X years before 01 Jan 24. As long I do not remit more than 1 000 000 you can remit them tax free whilst Resident?
Everything remitted above that is taxable?

So basically if you have already a good amount of money earned through bank statements in the previous years before 2024 you can remit tax free?

Imagine I earned 1 000 000 in the X years before 01 Jan 24. As long I do not remit more than 1 000 000 you can remit them tax free whilst Resident?
Everything remitted above that is taxable?

Yes. Keep everything well documented though in case of questions at some point.