Our valued sponsor

Breaking News! The Battle for Truth: OffshoreCorpTalk vs Hamilton Reserve Bank

Breaking News!

JohnLocke

Administrator
Dec 29, 2008
Europe
Visit site
In this gripping video, we delve into the intense confrontation between the OffshoreCorpTalk forum and Hamilton Reserve Bank, spotlighting the clash over freedom of speech and corporate attempts to suppress negative feedback.

The forum, a hub for unfiltered user-generated content, became a battleground when it refused to remove critical reviews about Hamilton Reserve Bank, which prides itself as the largest bank in St. Kitts & Nevis yet has been plagued by customer dissatisfaction over service issues.

The bank's response? A legal onslaught, including a lawsuit against OffshoreCorpTalk and its sponsor, Blackwater International Ltd., over claims of defamation—a move that not only threatened the forum's ethos of open dialogue but also highlighted the environmental toll of such legal actions, with five kilograms of paperwork sent to Europe for the lawsuit, symbolizing unnecessary CO2 emissions.

This video explores the broader implications of this feud, emphasizing the importance of maintaining a space for genuine customer experiences in the face of corporate intimidation. It's a testament to the power of community and the unwavering commitment to uphold the right to speak truth to power, reflecting on the essential role of online forums in safeguarding consumer interests and the principle of transparency in the digital age.

Here is the thread that started the fire:

I wonder what Hamilton Reserve Bank would do if a Russian or Chinese site wrote the truth about them. :rolleyes:

Is Hamilton Reserve Bank going to sue this guy, too? How about Twitter? How about Elon Musk?
1711735896925.png

Also, HRB has removed ANYONE's ability to comment. Their new tweets prohibit anyone from replying. smi(&% smi(&% smi(&%
So much for freedom of speech for their clients

1711736160610.png

smi(&% smi(&% smi(&%

Last edited:
They could've just ignored it. The thread would've been long forgotten by now. Or they could've engaged with the forum and joined the free and open discussion to address members' concerns.

Instead, they'll forever be remembered as the clowns who filed a lawsuit against a public forum (consisting of user-generated content) that values freedom of speech.

That is a choice they made as a bank.

It reminds of something... Streisand effect - Wikipedia

At least the bank's lawyers probably made some money on it. Sending 5 kg of trash can liner legal paper from Saint Kitts and Nevis to Europe must have involved a lot of billable hours.

Kudos to admin for standing firm on this.

Thank you for your comments, I forgot to mention.

Please feel free to share this video as much as possible wherever you may go and where it is relevant.

We are doing everything we can to get it out there as well.

Haha. Instead of posting a response or trying to resolve the manner with the individual customer they are suing a forum where someone posted a question about HRB's service and others gave their opinions? Are they mad? How did they even manage to fill more than 1 page (let alone 5 kgs) of legal paper with this nonsense? Best of luck admin, and feel free to reach out in case I can be of help.

They could've just ignored it. The thread would've been long forgotten by now. Or they could've engaged with the forum and joined the free and open discussion to address members' concerns.

Instead, they'll forever be remembered as the clowns who filed a lawsuit against a public forum (consisting of user-generated content) that values freedom of speech.

That is a choice they made as a bank.

It reminds of something... Streisand effect - Wikipedia

At least the bank's lawyers probably made some money on it. Sending 5 kg of trash can liner legal paper from Saint Kitts and Nevis to Europe must have involved a lot of billable hours.

Kudos to admin for standing firm on this.
“+1”
Really, I cannot get the way how the bank managers are thinking. This is obviously not the case for “There is nothing like a bad publicity”.
Not so smart of HRB. I for instance wasn't aware of this thread and just now, because of this message and the thread I informed a group of people to stay away from HRB.
:) An expectable outcome...
What’s the reason for choosing NY as the forum for this nonsense?
Well, my guess: HRB is represented by a certain (proudly presenting themselves as aggressive) NY law firm. So NY is the home playground for this firm and in addition, there was an attempt (totally groundless) to link the forum discussion to an event of running a fake website of HRB that had seemed to happen in NY.

How did they even manage to fill more than 1 page (let alone 5 kgs) of legal paper with this nonsense?
Well, apparently you have not met enough lawyers yet ;) ;)
(No offense of course :) )
Best of luck admin, and feel free to reach out in case I can be of help.
Although I am just moderator, thanks for your support :)

Well, my guess: HRB is represented by a certain (proudly presenting themselves as aggressive) NY law firm. So NY is the home playground for this firm and in addition, there was an attempt (totally groundless) to link the forum discussion to an event of running a fake website of HRB that had seemed to happen in NY.
so a simple motion to dismiss based on forum non conveniens will quickly end the case

so a simple motion to dismiss based on forum non conveniens will quickly end the case
Well, NY court has apparently no jurisdiction for this case.
Nevertheless, judging by what I have observed, I can even imagine that they could try to bring the case to a more plausible jurisdiction :( (And that's why your willingness to confirm your story is really important :) )

Last edited:

Took a look at their trustpilot reviews... If they would actually file such a suit they can keep going it seems, lol. I see quite a few posts with harsher language here than I saw in any of the thread. It seems like some reviewer even created their own website exposing HRB :eek:

Update: that site has a ton of info on it (cant say anything about the validity) but if you are bored the internet archive can be your greatest friend.

Last edited: