Our valued sponsor

thinking to open wise business account

Hi @extremedox101,

Just be aware that Wise can block your account at any time, for no reason, for an indeterminate time. It happened to me and several members of this Forum. Additionally, the Business limit is 30k (Euros) before they started charging you 0.9%. (What fee am I charged to hold large amounts of EUR? | Wise Help Centre)
Using Wise introduces a very high-risk factor for your business.

Please consider opening an account in the US as a non-resident.
For more information please read more here: US neo-banks List [For Non-Residents LLCs]

Hi @suzy

Software Development and IT Consulting.
The company is fully legal and complaint, being in business for several years, located in a regular office with dozens of employees.
Regular invoices and contracts back up all our business activities.

Relating to Wise, there was no warning, no reason and no previous or after communication.
You'll try to log into your business account one day, and it simply displays "Sorry, we deactivated your account", with all your money locked inside. :eek:
If you are lucky, you'll get your money a couple of months after a lengthy process.

I hear more and more of these Wise horror stories from our clients and business partners.
Since Wise moved to Belgium and went public is just a disgrace.

You have been warned! Continue to use their services at your own risk!

Some have the trouble some have not. Looks like it is like paypal. for years everything can be fine and just suddenly out of the blue they close your account.

Well, so far I will personally take the risk, never leaving lots of money there.

Hi @extremedox101,

Just be aware that Wise can block your account at any time, for no reason, for an indeterminate time. It happened to me and several members of this Forum. Additionally, the Business limit is 30k (Euros) before they started charging you 0.9%. (What fee am I charged to hold large amounts of EUR? | Wise Help Centre)
Using Wise introduces a very high-risk factor for your business.

Please consider opening an account in the US as a non-resident.
For more information please read more here: US neo-banks List [For Non-Residents LLCs]
thanks i know that , i don't trust wise or others to keep money there but it's okay to use them to send money quickly . if you have a time you can check my older posts where i say i don't trust emis .

update :after i let them know i will use my US llc to apply for card
"your wise account is linked to your resident address which mean you are only eligible for card if you live in country where we provide cards "

now i have relay as option but i don't think the kyc will be easy as wise. meanwhile i'm not sure about business account onboarding process since all of my emi's accounts were personal
accounts but i think wise business account is entry level .

Some have the trouble some have not. Looks like it is like paypal. for years everything can be fine and just suddenly out of the blue they close your account.
True, it seems they act completely randomly. I was happy with Wise for about one year until they closed all my accounts after I have agreed with them all the details of one transaction and received their approval. As soon as the transaction was executed according to their instructions they froze everything.
So they are completely untrustworthy.

I got an LLC as a non residen alien in the us and have wise business account. Its like 1.5 years old account and still they also did not provide any debit card to me. Mercury is great from that perspective. Use Mercury.
is it possible to open wise business account to get their debit card for my us llc as non-resident when i have 3 years old international personal wise account ?

i still live in the same non-us jurisdiction
thanks

Reactions: suzy and SirGRA

Latest Threads