Our valued sponsor

Tokenization of real estate

What do you think about Tokenization of real estate?
Any of you did know something in the field?
In your opinion, would this allow in a couple of years to buy real estate privately / anonymously without the need to create a corp to put in the middle?

If the asset is already in a company then it could be possible but there would still need to be an actual owner if it's not a foundation. The token would be a charge holder rather than owner.

Unless it's in a fund or a bond which then it could be possible in some way I would assume. The asset would basically sit in a REIT type structure but each token represents a different unit or a number of units.

I'm sure someone is working on it .

If the asset is already in a company then it could be possible but there would still need to be an actual owner if it's not a foundation. The token would be a charge holder rather than owner.

Unless it's in a fund or a bond which then it could be possible in some way I would assume. The asset would basically sit in a REIT type structure but each token represents a different unit or a number of units.

I'm sure someone is working on it .

You have always a 360° view! top!
tag me if you ever speak about this specific subject matter!

I read about some real estate fund that are already tokenizing assets, and some other entity / sites (example The #1 Tokenized Real Estate Platform | Cocoricos) that sell tokens of apartments with a rent and they give you a piece of the rent, but did not find yet someone selling a unit in change of the token, or a company doing the opposite (allowing you to tokenize your house and sell it as token or even divided into multiple tokens in a sort of multi-property agreement). Those would be also very useful.

You have always a 360° view! top!
tag me if you ever speak about this specific subject matter!

I read about some real estate fund that are already tokenizing assets, and some other entity / sites (example The #1 Tokenized Real Estate Platform | Cocoricos) that sell tokens of apartments with a rent and they give you a piece of the rent, but did not find yet someone selling a unit in change of the token, or a company doing the opposite (allowing you to tokenize your house and sell it as token or even divided into multiple tokens in a sort of multi-property agreement). Those would be also very useful.

I have been thinking about it but just dont have the time to sit down and work out a structure.

I will put something together so we can discuss.

Come to think about it. It would work best as a development. Your token is a unit and as the unit increases in value via the appreciation of the asset your token increases. Then you could either sell ot keep it and a percentage of the token is paid to you as rent.

So in effect anyone with a crypto who wants to buy a property can exchange for the token. Much in the same way you buy off plan. The only thing is to work out ownership within the token structure. It would still need to be within a fund, REIT, bond or timeshare type of structure.

I have been thinking about it but just dont have the time to sit down and work out a structure.

I will put something together so we can discuss.

Come to think about it. It would work best as a development. Your token is a unit and as the unit increases in value via the appreciation of the asset your token increases. Then you could either sell ot keep it and a percentage of the token is paid to you as rent.

So in effect anyone with a crypto who wants to buy a property can exchange for the token. Much in the same way you buy off plan. The only thing is to work out ownership within the token structure. It would still need to be within a fund, REIT, bond or timeshare type of structure.

You are right. As a development would work well.
Especially from a financial point of view (and for development and investor buyers).

More, for it to be considered (more) useful (than a normal purchase of real estate) from a non investor buyer point of view probably the tokenization should guarantee:
- anonymity (similar of the ownership of bitcoin),
- the token / condo need to be not subject to seizure from creditors (similar of cryptos transactions between private wallets; in order to obtain that probably would be necessary for the selling to involve only 2 parties, and that is probably the main problem).

I think that these last problems are all very present in the minds of many people, and a solutions able to solve them would sure find many interested buyers.

Well actually I have been working on this and I hope I will have everything set up at the end of the year (covid was not in the schedule). Is possible to do it in some countries but is not something anonymous because most of the countries will require you to do KYC/AML to the owners of the addresses where you will be paying the dividends, I mean is a little anonymous but not 100%.

We focus on other advantages like buying only parts of a real estate, not using debt and easily buy and sell "shares" around the world... but we don't see the anonymous part as a possible thing to do.

We see it as a stock market for real estate.

I remember many years ago I saw many websites like these, and then I heard nothing about it, which seems like a bad sign. I do not think this is anything new? Those websites were usually focused on the UK or the USA. I am sure some of those websites are still around, but I doubt it is some great investment opportunity. I remember that the rental yields were rather low, and then there is all the uncertainty of actually co-owning real estate.

How would you buy any property without your name to be revealet. If no one knows you how should they know the house or building belongs to you ange¤%&

Well actually I have been working on this and I hope I will have everything set up at the end of the year (covid was not in the schedule). Is possible to do it in some countries but is not something anonymous because most of the countries will require you to do KYC/AML to the owners of the addresses where you will be paying the dividends, I mean is a little anonymous but not 100%.

We focus on other advantages like buying only parts of a real estate, not using debt and easily buy and sell "shares" around the world... but we don't see the anonymous part as a possible thing to do.

We see it as a stock market for real estate.

Would be very interested in when your ready.

How would you buy any property without your name to be revealet. If no one knows you how should they know the house or building belongs to you ange¤%&

Your right it's still needs to be part of a bigger structure as someone has to own the deeds.

It could work similar to the buy a hotel room model where you buy a hotel room and get X amount of days profit ROI.
Room 101 is yours and you can use it for upto 4 weeks of the year inclusive. You can sell your room at any point to who ever that would be via the token.

Latest Threads