Our valued sponsor

Transferring funds to UK bank

letstalk

Sep 29, 2022
Dubai
Visit site
I'm looking to transfer funds from my personal account in the UAE to my newly opened personal bank account in the UK.

It'll be in the range of USD 50K.

Any "best practices" when it comes to transferring such an amount (I know it's not a significant amount, but these days everything gets flagged...)?

Should I divide up the transfer in multiple smaller amounts (if so examples please) or I can do it in one go with no major issues?

Source of funds is no issue. Just trying to minimize hassle, especially since past experiences with UK banks haven't been the best. Thanks.

Any "best practices" when it comes to transferring such an amount (I know it's not a significant amount, but these days everything gets flagged...)?
If you believe a transaction is likely to trigger a check (which sounds highly probable in this case), notify the bank in advance. They might be able to tell you what to send, or they'll tell you to just make the transfer and then they'll let you know.

Should I divide up the transfer in multiple smaller amounts (if so examples please) or I can do it in one go with no major issues?
Not recommended. Computer systems are capable of doing basic arithmetic. Doing that will get flagged and will turn a routine inspection into a suspicious activity.

Source of funds is no issue. Just trying to minimize hassle, especially since past experiences with UK banks haven't been the best. Thanks.
The main problem here is UAE. It's on various gray lists at the moment, which forces banks to be more diligent.

Latest Threads