Our valued sponsor

Transferwise > Bitcoin

Nanoo

Oct 28, 2018
Visit site
Transferwise seem to block Ibans used by LBC users, crypto exchanges and debit card > crypto as well, is there a solution to transfer funds from Personal transferwise to bitcoin wallet?

If you don't want to publish the solution publicly you can send me a message.

(EMIs watch this forum.)

Reactions: JohnLocke
don't use bitcoin with EMI's and you'll be fine
Some people may have problems to avoid using EMI's because they lack to get a bank account.

Reactions: Nanoo
Can't you send the money from TW to a third-party prepaid card account and then buy bitcoin with that third-party prepaid card? TW will get to see nothing other than card provider it went to.

p.s if this restriction is not in T&C then we will soon know if TW reads this forum :D.

Reactions: extremedox101
They block what they can, if they suspect it's used mainly for crypto, but obviously they can't block everything.
A good recent example is the TW => Mister Tango route block.

Fintech companies (due to banks they use) deciding where you spend your money especially when cash is fading away in Europe is simply totalitarianism in the making - no exaggeration.

I can honestly imagine 10 years from now all merchants accepting EU issued cards around the world are going to be forced to register in some EU database in order to be able to accept EU card payments ns2. With cash gone I can imagine they can then track everything you spend money on......welcome to the future :(.