Our valued sponsor

Two Factor Authentication for paid subscription.

JohnLocke

Administrator
Dec 29, 2008
Europe
Visit site
Hello fellow members,

Today we have introduced Two Factor Verification for Mentor Group Gold and Mentor Group Light as well as Silver Membership.

Why did you do it?
For a long time, we had a feeling that people share their login details somewhere and that some mentor group members operate password sharing platforms.

You can imagine that this hurts our business and the forum in general, for that reason we have enabled 2FA (Two Factor Verification) for all paid subscriptions.

For the regular paying member it should not be a problem since 2FA is widely used almost everywhere to secure systems worldwide.

We are looking into more measures to get rid of free loaders and hope soon to introduce a more and secure way to avoid such login sharing.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Compared to what you may do from your business in profits, I think the subscription fee is the smallest of your problemscof%¤#

But I can tell you that it isn't cheap to run this community nor is anyone here driving a Ferrari! should we get back to the number of subscribers that we had before we got this "mystery" feeling than we may consider new initiatives ;)

Reactions: Forester
Hummm I almost got locked out. The email I use for the forum is no longer valid as I have not logged into that account for maybe a year.

Note to self use email account more often ange¤%&.

Good move. All valuable or sensitive accounts should be protected by 2FA anyway so this is both in the forum's and the users' best interest.
True. It's also true that 2FA is annoying in many cases. But there is no free lunch :(
Why did you do it?
For a long time, we had a feeling that people share their login details somewhere and that some mentor group members operate password sharing platforms.
FMPOV, if you have the reasonably backed evidence that someone is doing this, such “a member” should be banned forever (and digitally kicked into a*s). It is extremely unfair and as such it should be treated.
You can imagine that this hurts our business and the forum in general, for that reason we have enabled 2FA (Two Factor Verification) for all paid subscriptions.
Fully understandable, unfortunately.
For the regular paying member it should not be a problem since 2FA is widely used almost everywhere to secure systems worldwide.
Well, yes – and it is in many cases annoying ;).
I only hope that the possibility of e-mail authentication will be preserved (although it is perfectly clear to me how it can be misused); not everyone (including me ;) ) uses a smartphone or some special authentication hw.
We are looking into more measures to get rid of free loaders and hope soon to introduce a more and secure way to avoid such login sharing.
I will also think about it (I am a little bit oriented at this field, too ;) )
We apologize for any inconvenience.
=OK=

Reactions: JohnLocke
Thank you for all your comments and feedback, much appreciated!

Is this also the reason on why I had to change password?
Yes we set a global password reset at the same time for security reasons.

Reactions: GPT

Latest Threads