Our valued sponsor

U.S bank account opened by family

Dubsize

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Hi All,

a family member of mine is living in the U.S

I would like to open a company in delaware (I am not a U.S citizen neither a U.S resident)

I will need a bank account for this company and I know I need to travel there.

How could my family member help me to open this bank account so I don't have to travel there ?

Any idea would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

if your family member is an officer/director in the company you will have no problem to get an account - only thing you should take care about is that usually ALL parties in an Inc/LLC needs to appear in the bank to sign the paperwork- so just appoint your family member as the only signer to avoid problems, can be changed later ,bank will not check

if your family member is an officer/director in the company you will have no problem to get an account - only thing you should take care about is that usually ALL parties in an Inc/LLC needs to appear in the bank to sign the paperwork- so just appoint your family member as the only signer to avoid problems, can be changed later ,bank will not check
++
Bizfilling, thanks for your answer.
So basically, I could open the company, be the only shareholder, appoint the family member as director of the company.
Then this family member that is director of the company would go to a bank and open a bank account for the company but the family member would be the only signatory.
Then, the family member could contact the bank and add an signatory (me) and the bank would not ask to see me ?
Am I correct ?
Thanks again for your help

the shareholder- especially in an DE corp- does not appear in the Articles - they need to get appointed , bank will definetely ask for the UBO aka Shareholders / I suggest: Formation of corp with your relative as Director and Shareholder , then open bank account -you can change everything later / change of shareholder can be done with a Board resolution -will not be filed with the Dept of corps. If your relative lives in the US with SSN an account can be opened online with Bank of America

the shareholder- especially in an DE corp- does not appear in the Articles - they need to get appointed , bank will definetely ask for the UBO aka Shareholders / I suggest: Formation of corp with your relative as Director and Shareholder , then open bank account -you can change everything later / change of shareholder can be done with a Board resolution -will not be filed with the Dept of corps. If your relative lives in the US with SSN an account can be opened online with Bank of America
Sounds awesome...
thanks for the help

Ow and he is personally liable for all bad acts you conduct through the bank account .., TD Bank and Wells Fargo do not care if you are a US resident they will open an account for you when you appear in person.
Alright, noted. Thanks.

Just read over the weekend about IGA. I thought the US were not reporting to home country of UBO that’s why it was the biggest tax heaven. But now, I read they signed IGA and will report to local tax authority about foreign citizen having account in the US.

Meaning if I open a DE LLC and a bank account at WF or TD, then they will report it to the country where I live ?!

didn't we suggest that your US based relative opens the account ?
You’re right we did. Then I was like maybe I could just travel. That’s not a big deal today. Just exploring all possibilities.

So what makes everybody saying the US are a tax heaven if they will report about non US citizen’s bank account.

If the company I intent to open in DE has a bank account then they will report about it if I appear as the UBO?

a tax heaven does not mean necessarily that you have to pay zero taxes ! you need to find the suitable set up for your situation and future plans. Tax optimization is a highly complicated matter and can not be answered in a couple posts

a tax heaven does not mean necessarily that you have to pay zero taxes ! you need to find the suitable set up for your situation and future plans. Tax optimization is a highly complicated matter and can not be answered in a couple posts
You're right, I guess I am not ready yet and should definitely be in touch with a lawyer and/or CPA.
Thanks again for all ! That was really nice speaking with you guys.

Latest Threads