Our valued sponsor

U.S. Government Indicts "Bitcoin Jesus" Roger Keith Ver for Tax Evasion and Fraud

polonieth

Mentor Group Lifetime
Aug 11, 2017
Visit site
Roger Keith Ver, also known as "Bitcoin Jesus," has been indicted by the U.S. government on several charges, including mail fraud, tax evasion, and making false statements on tax returns. Here’s a detailed breakdown of the case:

Background: Roger Ver, a prominent figure in the crypto community and former U.S. citizen, now resides in Tokyo, Japan, and Saint Kitts and Nevis. He was the CEO of MemoryDealers.com and Agilestar.com, both of which dealt heavily in computer and networking equipment and utilized bitcoin extensively in their operations.

Overview:

1. Acquisition of Bitcoins: Ver started acquiring bitcoins in April 2011 and heavily promoted them. He used bitcoins in his business operations, making and receiving payments.
  2. Expatriation and Tax Implications: In 2014, Ver renounced his U.S. citizenship, which under U.S. tax law, required him to declare the fair market value of all his assets, including bitcoins, as if they were sold the day before his expatriation. This is known as the "exit tax."
  3. Alleged Fraud: The indictment alleges that Ver engaged in a scheme to defraud the IRS by concealing the true number and value of bitcoins he controlled, thus affecting his tax liabilities. He allegedly manipulated valuations, provided false information to his advisors, and filed inaccurate tax documents to reduce his tax exposure.
Key Actions:
  • Ver is accused of underreporting the value of his bitcoins, underreporting gains from the sales of his businesses, and providing misleading information about his assets.
  • Legal documents suggest that Ver falsified information on his tax returns, affecting the calculation of taxes due when he expatriated. He reported lower gains than the actual values, resulting in significantly less tax than rightfully owed.
Full indictment: https://www.justice.gov/opa/media/1350116/dl?inline

• Wow
Reactions: jafo
Any US experts here that knows how many years he might be facing?

He has eight counts :confused:.

"If convicted of all charges, Ver would face a statutory maximum sentence of 20 years in federal prison for each mail fraud count, up to five years in federal prison for each tax evasion count, and up to three years in federal prison for each count of subscribing to a false tax return."

In plain English...never ever play around with the U.S Government. Had he just did everything by the book he would still have been extremely rich. We are talking about a guy who had 131,000 BTC. Even if he lost 40-50% in taxes he would still be a multi billionaire today.

Roger Keith Coleman (November 1, 1958 – May 20, 1992) was an American convicted murderer and rapist who was executed in 1992 for the rape and murder of his 19 year old sister-in-law, Wanda Faye McCoy, at her home in Grundy, Virginia on the night of March 10, 1981.

:)))

Check his photo out, he has that "smartass" looks aswell

About our GUY

This Bitocoin Jesus renounced his United States citizenship in 2014 after he became a citizen of Saint Kitts and Nevis. In 2015, he was denied a visa to reenter the United States by the U.S. Embassy in Barbados, which claimed that he had not sufficiently proven ties outside of the United States that would motivate him to leave at the end of his visit, causing fears he might become an illegal immigrant. =))

Even if he lost 40-50% in taxes he would still be a multi billionaire today.

But very raped....

Last edited:
Had he just did everything by the book he would still have been extremely rich.
NGL, I used to believe this too, despite having decades of experience with criminal "law," but fighting my case in federal court and spending time in federal detention, I realized that nothing is further from the truth! Even when I was acquitted and humiliated them in a Pro Se legal assault, they REFUSED to release me. Imagine how delusional they were that they appealed the jury's not-guilty verdict. rof/%
Playing by the rules will NOT bulletproof anyone against ANY government. This case is personal! He should flee to Russia and troll them every day like Chris Emms does smi(&%
1714602458535.png

This Brit has some HUGE b*lls! He trolled his prosecutor and the agent almost daily. They both "had to resign" (or were told to resign) rof/%

They made it personal, and so did he, but now they are crying while he is a happy father strolling in Moscow's Park daily with his newborn. rof/%

PS. Oh....and he is STILL consulting North Korea and Iran about circumventing sanctions :p

Check his photo out, he has that "smartass" looks aswell
That is NOT Roger Ver. That link is a person who died in the 90s.

But very raped....

This is what may happen to him in U.S prison sadly :confused:

He should flee to Russia and troll them every day like Chris Emms does smi(&%

Roger ver is unfortunately in Spain waiting extradition to U.S. This guy Chris however seems he had it all planned out. Pretty much all these crypto criminals are brain dead and seem to think they can commit crimes in west and move freely in west like this woman. At some point you will be caught so its not worth it.

This is what may happen to him in U.S prison sadly :confused:

Roger ver is unfortunately in Spain waiting extradition to U.S. This guy Chris however seems he had it all planned out. Pretty much all these crypto criminals are brain dead and seem to think they can commit crimes in west and move freely in west like this woman. At some point you will be caught so its not worth it.

Chris KNEW what to do! Smart man!

Reality: It doesn't matter who it is; if they are NOT politically connected, privileged, and "pre-approved," their crypto WILL be stolen, and they WILL be thrown in prison. Imagine tomorrow that John Doe of Sumatra is unmasked as Satoshi and has access to his coins. It will be his end before we can spell "end." The US will indict him and seize his coins (if he discloses the keys to them, of course). This is piracy 101 under the ruse of "international rule-based order and law." ca#"!

Chris KNEW what to do! Smart man!

Reality: It doesn't matter who it is; if they are NOT politically connected, privileged, and "pre-approved," their crypto WILL be stolen, and they WILL be thrown in prison. Imagine tomorrow that John Doe of Sumatra is unmasked as Satoshi and has access to his coins. It will be his end before we can spell "end." The US will indict him and seize his coins (if he discloses the keys to them, of course). This is piracy 101 under the ruse of "international rule-based order and law." ca#"!
He got a hot wife in Russia

In 2015, he was denied a visa to reenter the United States by the U.S. Embassy in Barbados, which claimed that he had not sufficiently proven ties outside of the United States that would motivate him to leave at the end of his visit, causing fears he might become an illegal immigrant. =))

hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahah

hahahahahahahahahAHahhhhahahHhhahahAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I JUST CANT lol

• Haha
hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahah

hahahahahahahahahAHahhhhahahHhhahahAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I JUST CANT lol
rof/% rof/% rof/%
The irony now is that they are forcefully bringing him to the US WITHOUT the visa and in shackles and probably a black box around his wrists! For the uninitiated, this is a black box:
1714702160992.png

and then they'll give him the diesel therapy for about a month or two before he ends up in court. Also, for those who haven't had the displeasure of fighting the dastardly parasites, this is Diesel Therapy: The Federal Prisoner Transit System—aka “Diesel Therapy”—Is Hell. Highlights of prisoner travel include gang fights, overflowing toilets and two weeks shackled to a neo-Nazi.

:cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Martin Everson
NGL, I used to believe this too, despite having decades of experience with criminal "law," but fighting my case in federal court and spending time in federal detention, I realized that nothing is further from the truth! Even when I was acquitted and humiliated them in a Pro Se legal assault, they REFUSED to release me. Imagine how delusional they were that they appealed the jury's not-guilty verdict. rof/%
Playing by the rules will NOT bulletproof anyone against ANY government. This case is personal! He should flee to Russia and troll them every day like Chris Emms does smi(&%
View attachment 6701

This Brit has some HUGE b*lls! He trolled his prosecutor and the agent almost daily. They both "had to resign" (or were told to resign) rof/%

They made it personal, and so did he, but now they are crying while he is a happy father strolling in Moscow's Park daily with his newborn. rof/%

PS. Oh....and he is STILL consulting North Korea and Iran about circumventing sanctions :p

That is NOT Roger Ver. That link is a person who died in the 90s.
Wasn’t aware the Feds had to resign

He has eight counts :confused:.

"If convicted of all charges, Ver would face a statutory maximum sentence of 20 years in federal prison for each mail fraud count, up to five years in federal prison for each tax evasion count, and up to three years in federal prison for each count of subscribing to a false tax return."

In plain English...never ever play around with the U.S Government. Had he just did everything by the book he would still have been extremely rich. We are talking about a guy who had 131,000 BTC. Even if he lost 40-50% in taxes he would still be a multi billionaire today.
To be fair it’s likely a play to use his taxes to silence him.

Last edited:
Wasn’t aware the Feds had to resign
It's either that or this:
1714734648822.png

Every time I mention HOW to successfully fight these scoundrels, I get suspended or banned, and the comments are deleted, so I do NOT do it anymore. I got my "How To" iron-clad system deleted from 4chan and even 8chan. ca#"!
Self-preservation and "anonymity" under the ruse of "public service & safety" are keys to these low-value grifters.

PS. I keep a running database on these "crooks". ;)

This story is not as cut and dry as it appears.

When he had all of those Bitcoins, there were no regulations yet for crypto and not even any exchanges. There was just one exchange, barely, called MtGox, which originally was a Magic the Gathering online marketplace that added support for trading Bitcoin. Back then, there wasn't enough liquidity for someone like him to sell such a large amount of Bitcoin. If he had tried to do so, he would have essentially single-handedly drop the price to near-zero.

From my understanding, he did actually pay tax, and a lot of it, both to the US and Japan where he was living for some time.

I find it interesting that he got apprehended right after releasing his new book Hijacking Bitcoin: The Hidden History of BTC.

The tech entrepreneur John Mcafee was also arrested in Spain on charges related to crypto trading. He died in prison in Spain while fighting against extradition to the US.

er. Roger Ver seems to have made the same error as John Mcafee in assuming that he could travel freely outside the US because he was not using a US passport. In both cases, the problems could easily have been avoided with more careful planning?!!??!

Latest Threads