Our valued sponsor

UAE (Dubai) Expats: What moves will you make with the new UAE tax laws?

What are the chances of them backtracking like the UAE?
No guarantee but if it works for a few years like m Dubai, it is better than nothing

I created a new thread about qatar freezone

Reactions: Konstanz and jafo
No guarantee but if it works for a few years like m Dubai, it is better than nothing

I created a new thread about qatar freezone
Is it easier to open a bank account with qatar free zone company? Any knowledge or experience?

I think Dubai is actually in Bubble (Real estate, new people coming ..) Qatar seems to me the next bubble in the GCC Country, low prices real estate. Not a lot of people, World Cup 1 year ago and no tax, people from Dubai will try to move to somewhere without audit tax consultant etc etc ..

But yes Banking is very important

I think Dubai is actually in Bubble (Real estate, new people coming ..) Qatar seems to me the next bubble in the GCC Country, low prices real estate. Not a lot of people, World Cup 1 year ago and no tax, people from Dubai will try to move to somewhere without audit tax consultant etc etc ..

But yes Banking is very important
Is the Dubai banking really good?
I have heard different stories. No better than others

Yes, and it's just not a healthy lifestyle. Dust, sand, A/C, one of the worst air quality in the world. (the worst currently, ranked #1 according to iqair :) )

You have to pay a lot for healthcare, and everything is overpriced.

Thailand setup was discussed already here.

It's illegal because you create PE in Thailand.
There is no CFC regime in Thailand. It is perfectly ok to run USA LLC from Thailand....I double check it .....
* Only if the income is remitted to Thailand in the same year when it is earned.
Even there is no need to declare your world wide income...only income which you bring to Thailand

What are the chances of them backtracking like the UAE?
Qatar is HQ of Taliban when USA was in Aghanistan....Qatar openly support Muslim brotherhood and extreme religious group...Some year ago even UAE and saudi banned Qatar...
Hope this helps

Last edited:
There is no CFC regime in Thailand. It is perfectly ok to run USA LLC from Thailand....I double check it .....
* Only if the income is remitted to Thailand in the same year when it is earned.
Even there is no need to declare your world wide income...only income which you bring to Thailand

Qatar is HQ of Taliban when USA was in Aghanistan....Qatar openly support Muslim brotherhood and extreme religious group...Some year ago even UAE and saudi banned Qatar...
Hope this helps
Qatar is not on Fatf Grey list

Reactions: troubled soul

Hope this helps
I've visited a law firm in Thailand. They said you have to pay taxes because of the PE.

What you said, it's illegal.

If you're a tax resident of the UAE, yes
If you are resident in Dubai you can be considered operating it from UAE
If I were to reside in Dubai and be a resident there, and I decide to receive profits from my (LLC) registered in Delaware, USA, directly into my personal account in (UAE), without involving my freezone company, I'd not pay any corporate tax or any other taxes or I miss something?

Thanks

If I were to reside in Dubai and be a resident there, and I decide to receive profits from my (LLC) registered in Delaware, USA, directly into my personal account in (UAE), without involving my freezone company, I'd not pay any corporate tax or any other taxes or I miss something?

Thanks
They can investigate were the funds came from to UAE. If they say you got from business conducting in UAE you can be in problem

I've visited a law firm in Thailand. They said you have to pay taxes because of the PE.

But what is the enforcement like?
What are the criteria for a PE? If you spend less than 6 months per year in Thailand (even if you have a residence permit), you're not even considered tax resident. Would they claim there's a PE? Especially if you live in a hotel?
I would feel much more comfortable being in a "grey area" in Thailand than in the UAE.

Nobody really knows.
Based on what has been published, it would seem like the deciding factor is where the LLC is managed/where work for the LLC is performed.
If you are a UAE tax resident and the LLC is a one man show, then it would seem logical that the LLC would be subject to corporate tax in the UAE. If you're just a passive investor and you have a director in the Seychelles who really runs everything, it could be different.

But what is the enforcement like?
What are the criteria for a PE? If you spend less than 6 months per year in Thailand (even if you have a residence permit), you're not even considered tax resident. Would they claim there's a PE? Especially if you live in a hotel?
I would feel much more comfortable being in a "grey area" in Thailand than in the UAE.

Nobody really knows.
Based on what has been published, it would seem like the deciding factor is where the LLC is managed/where work for the LLC is performed.
If you are a UAE tax resident and the LLC is a one man show, then it would seem logical that the LLC would be subject to corporate tax in the UAE. If you're just a passive investor and you have a director in the Seychelles who really runs everything, it could be different.
I dont' understand is it not we discussed many many times that you have to have some normal residence some place? You will have to indicate your address on the corporate documents, bank accounts etc. including tax residence country
There is really no workarounds here. You have to have some real residence place. With address, utility bill, tax residence certificate etc.
All other games will not workout long term. How you can have bank account without all proper documentation..

If you just spend some time in Thailand as a tourist is not a problem. Problem is you have to have papers with your real residence. And that residence has to be 0% tax if you don't want to pay tax

The most realistic one for many people here is some kind of Nomad visa in Caribbean to spend winter (by claiming residence and tax residence) there and other part year in EU or other places. Yes it will cost money. But is there any alternative? I doubt that

Personally me I don't believe in these "teritorrial" concepts. If you reside there as tax resident. All you do in that country it can be still considered to be local income..

If I operate a business outside of Dubai by running a company in Delaware as an LLC and receive the profits in my personal account in Dubai, would the corporate tax be unaffected? Is there something I am overlooking?
Look it from this way.
For the LLC you need to put your address (tax home) on form 5472. What address will you be putting there?
Do you have other option than in UAE?