Our valued sponsor

UAE FZCO - Have you registered for corporate tax?

yoyodubai

Feb 18, 2023
Dubai
Visit site
If you run a freezone company in the UAE, have you registered for corporate tax?

I received a note from the federal tax authority about corporate tax registration for public joint stock companies and private companies (LLC). Does this include free zone companies or we can wait to register?

I contacted two freezones and both replied that all companies have to register for corporate tax, also freezone companies. You have to do it before your financial period starts which for most companies is January-December, so you can wait until before the period starts if you wish.

According to what they said, all companies that meet the government requirements, have to register and file annual tax returns. If your freezone company is exempted from tax by meeting the qualified income rules (that are still to be fully defined), you still need to file the tax returns declaring all the income as 0% taxable.

Reactions: troubled soul
I contacted two freezones and both replied that all companies have to register for corporate tax, also freezone companies. You have to do it before your financial period starts which for most companies is January-December, so you can wait until before the period starts if you wish.

According to what they said, all companies that meet the government requirements, have to register and file annual tax returns. If your freezone company is exempted from tax by meeting the qualified income rules (that are still to be fully defined), you still need to file the tax returns declaring all the income as 0% taxable.
If these two free zones informed you correctly, I am going to forget about UAE. I am NOT filing ANY TAX returns or paperwork in ANY Free Zones. I rather keep my company in Zona Franca de Cólon! - Source: Panama Zona Franca
I don't have to file anything anywhere.

I'm going to start looking at Cambodia, Malaysia, and Thailand.

Reactions: troubled soul