Our valued sponsor

UAE Residency with hotel address

NicolasMaduro

Pro Member
Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Seems like there is still a few banks in UAE opening personal bank accounts without utility bill
and only a UAE residency visa.

My question is. What is the address on the bank statement and do any other countries/bank accept only a
bank statement as proof of address or is UAE residents required to provide more proof than an EU resident?

Seems like there is still a few banks in UAE opening personal bank accounts without utility bill

My question is. What is the address on the bank statement and do any other countries/bank accept only a
bank statement as proof of address or is UAE residents required to provide more proof than an EU resident?
Can you name these few banks please?
ENBD is one as one of the replies said. Which other banks allow this?

Reactions: RealDude
But if you had decided to pick up a debit card yourself at the bank, the address wouldn't have been needed?
I wasn't given that option. Applying online generated an SMS saying card would be printed and delivered. Got another SMS saying time, then guy came to hotel.

Actually scratch that, first time he came to hotel I didn't have my residents card, so he left. I went to bank next day, bank guy said nothing he could do as it was an 'online only' application and I had to just get another courier delivery - which went perfectly couple days later. From all of that I assume with a CBD app application there's no branch visit. Other banks may be different..

Last edited:
For personal account - if you have emirates id - address is not a big deal (you can put hotel or whatever address - they don't really care - they just need it so the courier can deliver you cards/checkbook).

But if you want to open a bank account for your company many banks will ask for tenancy contract/ejari + utility bill and they'll ask you for this each year.

Reactions: khinkali

ENBD, Mashreq Neo and such don't require a personal address in a private home. Hotels, Offices and such are usually enough.

Yes, for personal account they do not care.
Why is then everybody saying you should rent something for 6 months, get EJARI and show it to your bank in UAE? Or is that only necessary if you deregister from your taxman at home and show them proofs (EJARI, UAE tax residence certificate after 6 months in UAE...etc.)?

I opened an account with CBD and gave hotel address. Only reason they wanted it was so courier could deliver my debit card, check my ID and take my thumb print. After that everything is online with app and codes sent by SMS.
Is your address (building name / apt. nr. + your p.o. box number) shown on bank statements? I assume you need to open p.o. box before you open personal bank account?

Last edited:
Why is then everybody saying you should rent something for 6 months, get EJARI and show it to your bank in UAE? Or is that only necessary if you deregister from your taxman at home and show them proofs (EJARI, UAE tax residence certificate after 6 months in UAE...etc.)?
I guess you mixed a couple of things here. Let me try and explain:

If you need personal bank account - bank won't ask you for address proof. With Emirates ID you can open personal bank account from your phone and they will deliver your debit card in a day or two to any address (they delivered me once in a mall as I was in the mall once the courier called me and I was not at the hotel at that moment so he brought it to the nearby mall).

For business banking, some banks may ask you for address proof for you personally (and other shareholders) and in that case you'll need to provide them with Ejari and some bansk (my case) will ask you to update new Ejari each year!

If you want to get a tax certificate, you'll need to spend 6months in UAE and provide bank statements (so they can see your salaries, expenses etc) and some other documents.
Please read this page for more details: Issuance of Tax Residency Certificate

Is your address (building name / apt. nr. + your p.o. box number) shown on bank statements? I assume you need to open p.o. box before you open personal bank account?
No need to open PO box for personal account!

Just use address of where you are located. Could be hotel address like for eg.: Hilton Dubai Jumeriah, apt 2206, JBR, Dubai and that's it...
It's just the address for the courier where to deliver your card. He can't leave that in PO box since it has to be personal delivery and you'll need to have Emirates ID (or Passport) with you. Some banks/couriers will ask for biometrics (to place finger in a fingerprint reader along with Emirates ID) so they can hand over you the card.

Reactions: khinkali and zzzzzz

Latest Threads