Our valued sponsor

uk bank account for non resident

cp74

Apr 3, 2021
Earth
Visit site
Hi,

I believe it might be discussed hundred times but let me summarize again.

I am not an EC/EEC citizen, not living in UK. Personally i can not have an UK bank account apart from that Wise as far as i know up to now.

So what is the best way to have a legit account to have a PayPal, etc. too? Form an LCC? Or is there a better country to form an LCC to have PayPal apart from UK?

I will not profit by any business or annual expenses and tax should be the minimal. US Delaware, US Wyoming, Estonia e-Residenship, etc, there are many alternatives but hard to know how or where to start.

Advise please?

Reactions: jjrapy
Hi,

Open an account with Barclays Isle of Man. = Barclays International Bank Account
They open only for non-EC/EEC citizen, so it´s perfect.

Minimum £25,000 (or currency equivalent).

SEPA transfer and SEPA direct debit is also possible for € account! (Standard Bank and LloydsTSB NO SEPA transfer and SEPA direct debit possible.)

Try here:

Let me share your experience. Maybe is your country on the black list?

Last edited:
Reactions: cp74
Hi,

I believe it might be discussed hundred times but let me summarize again.

I am not an EC/EEC citizen, not living in UK. Personally i can not have an UK bank account apart from that Wise as far as i know up to now.

So what is the best way to have a legit account to have a PayPal, etc. too? Form an LCC? Or is there a better country to form an LCC to have PayPal apart from UK?

I will not profit by any business or annual expenses and tax should be the minimal. US Delaware, US Wyoming, Estonia e-Residenship, etc, there are many alternatives but hard to know how or where to start.

Advise please?
Sorry, I do not understand, what is your real goal :(

Just to have PayPal account (and use it as it is usual, for micropayments wherever)?

Or to have some trustworthy bank account?

Or... ?

Hi,

Open an account with Barclays Isle of Man. = Barclays International Bank Account
They open only for non-EC/EEC citizen, so it´s perfect.

Minimum £25,000 (or currency equivalent).

SEPA transfer and SEPA direct debit is also possible for € account! (Standard Bank and LloydsTSB NO SEPA transfer and SEPA direct debit possible.)

Try here:

Let me share your experience. Maybe is your country on the black list?
Bar seems restricted lot of countries. Maybe it's different if you call up.

"Based on the country that you live in or are moving to we are unable to provide you with our International Banking services. If your situation changes, we would be delighted to help you in the future."

Bar seems restricted lot of countries. Maybe it's different if you call up.

"Based on the country that you live in or are moving to we are unable to provide you with our International Banking services. If your situation changes, we would be delighted to help you in the future."
Yes, when you live EU/EEA citizen is not possible or your country on the black list.

What is your country?
Plus, if your citizenship is different, it is also important to know. Banks usually care for both the residence country and the country of citizenship (passport).
Can you share?

@Sols, I was not aware of that, thx. Yep, it seems possible but i just check the FAQ. They request GBP 50.000 in current account opening :( Even Barclays Isle of Man is also high. I still need low cost kickoff alternatives. I'm OK to pay a bit annuals for an LLC vs bulk amount to have the accounts. Now i see, i should be sure, if i go with LLC, the bank first deposits should not be insane. So country of the LLC and the bank account opening for PayPal should be considered together. Then after forming the LCC, the banks may do crazy surprises :)

Reactions: Jonathan169
Using PP for (micro) expenses like hosing fee, etc. It is not in service in my country.
Cripes name the country Im off to open a Data Centre...Bolivia?

@Sols, I was not aware of that, thx. Yep, it seems possible but i just check the FAQ. They request GBP 50.000 in current account opening :( Even Barclays Isle of Man is also high. I still need low cost kickoff alternatives. I'm OK to pay a bit annuals for an LLC vs bulk amount to have the accounts. Now i see, i should be sure, if i go with LLC, the bank first deposits should not be insane. So country of the LLC and the bank account opening for PayPal should be considered together. Then after forming the LCC, the banks may do crazy surprises :)
Need to have 2 forums actually: 1) those with assets £50k+, and 2) all normal people.
UK Bank account is not easy for non-residents unless you go there and even then no guarantee, forget the "apply for ads"....
Sincerely now, for a church mouse budget (or start-up) try an LLC in WY, hook it up to Mercury, hook mercury up to anything. Cost $300, Inc $100 deposit in the Mercury account, just to show "goodwill". Do it that way, until your income starts to build and when you have 2-5 k per month, then look at other stuff, otherwise, you're wasting time on "shiny toys" instead of generating income. Only with Mercury, they do look at your website...for "social footprint", so make sure you have "likes" "reviews" and traffic. << Not always, but cover your Butt. just a bit of graft first or BHW.
PS. I saw a list of about 10 UK banks will do a bank account but it all starts with a £10k deposit, so proof of (your) concept first, in any case. And if, and when, you have a couple of "k", other places maybe better anyway. Esp. if your income is in USD and not GBP. (Sure Wise > UK). I just think Mercury is a better solution than Wise for a low budget starter.

Last edited:

Ah you should have said so in first place. In that case just open an account online remotely with KT bank in Germany. It has no fees and is cheap and quick to open.

Reactions: cp74
I don't know the other nationalities but i talked to the bank. It's possible to have a deposit account without having a residence permit in Germany/EU/EEC. Also it seems there's no minimum to start with, any value.

So i suggest to have a call with their call center (TR/DE language only, i didn't see EN) or use the web inquiry to have a check rest of the nationalities.

@Martin Everson, appreciated for the info, made my day. I will post the result. Remote opening is also supported.

I will also check Turkish Bank UK for same conditions despite of what is written in web.