Our valued sponsor

UK bank account for non-UK resident

If you have real proofs and go to the bank in person as an EU passport holder, the smaller UK retail banks and building societies will open an account for you.

Which ones? Please give one example of one that could as that will help OP?

Nationwide, Metro, Virgin Money and even Halifax.

Metro I know already requires local resident directors and makes this clear on website. Not looked at others but sure they will not accept non-resident directors.

Have you really checked the others do before claiming this?

Reactions: joe82ad
For Virgin Money, at least one business owner is required to be a UK resident (personal experience of a friend of me, confirmed at website Home-Business Current Accounts-Eligibility-Do I have to be a UK resident to open a business account?) But just one ;)

Metro I know already requires local resident directors and makes this clear on website. Not looked at others but sure they will not accept non-resident directors.

Have you really checked the others do before claiming this?
If he is to get a UK address and utility bills, change his Wise address to the UK address and has proof of eBay business it will work.

Nationwide and Halifax would be a personal account but Metro and Virgin do business accounts.

He could also get a business savings account from Saffron Walden building society if he changes his residential address to a UK one on his LTD and Wise. He can deposit funds from his Wise and that would be a POA. Plus a UK sort code and account number.

If he is to get a UK address and utility bills, change his Wise address to the UK address and has proof of eBay business it will work.

Nationwide and Halifax would be a personal account but Metro and Virgin do business accounts.

So basically your recommendations were pointless. I am not being rude but lets stick to advice that will workable as other people have this same issue and will be looking for same advice..

He could also get a business savings account from Saffron Walden building society if he changes his residential address to a UK one on his LTD and Wise. He can deposit funds from his Wise and that would be a POA. Plus a UK sort code and account number.

So again he needs to be a UK resident director. This sort of fudging is quick way to run into problems.

Look its been this way for nearly 10 years that UK high street banks do not want majority non-resident directors of companies to open accounts with them. I was hoping someone would post some exceptions but thats not the case it seems.

So basically your recommendations were pointless. I am not being rude but lets stick to advice that will workable as other people have this same issue and will be looking for same advice..
do you think it is possible to open business bank account (in person) in any of UK street bank? any experiences?
OP asked if it is possible, which from my experience it is.
He can open a savings account with very little questions which will sort out his issue's. I don't have a crystal ball for the future but for now it will work.
So again he needs to be a UK resident director. This sort of fudging is quick way to run into problems.

Look its been this way for nearly 10 years that UK high street banks do not want majority non-resident directors of companies to open accounts with them. I was hoping someone would post some exceptions but thats not the case it seems.

OP asked if it is possible, which from my experience it is.
He can open a savings account with very little questions which will sort out his issue's. I don't have a crystal ball for the future but for now it will work.

OP asked if opening a UK business account for a UK company as a none UK resident director is possible at a UK real bank.

You have not shown it is possible. You just told him to change his residency address to UK..lol doh948"". The banks you also mentioned require a UK resident director unless you can prove otherwise.

Hopefully someone can suggest a solution otherwise it is as I say not possible with UK high street banks :confused:.

OP asked if opening a UK business account for a UK company as a none UK resident director is possible at a UK real bank.

You have not shown it is possible. You just told him to change his residency address to UK..lol doh948"". The banks you also mentioned require a UK resident director unless you can prove otherwise.

Hopefully someone can suggest a solution otherwise it is as I say not possible with UK high street banks :confused:.
Even GoSolo - which is a great solution for solo entrepreneurs - only accept UK residents! No way a biz account can be opened in UK w/o at least one director resident. :(

Yes, all they are looking for is a trace of you at that address, its not the only check they use but they are doing it.
When I had my compliance check and gave them documents I got an alert from my credit check provider that Ebay (UK) Limited, had preformed a soft check.

Reactions: Martin Everson

Latest Threads