Our valued sponsor

UK Business Bank Account (Cheapest Solution Needed)

Well:
USA, no remote openings, but you can get, a (non-registered-alien) account at Wells Fargo when you walk in.
UK, no remote opening for non-residents (normal) bank accounts. Only Barclays Wealth and Lloys have an non-dom offering but you need to bring serious money (+£25,000).

For the UK it is also notoriously hard to open a non-dom account in person.

So good luck. Please let us know if you succeded.

Business account options for non-UK residents

We have researched the market and found the following banking option for non-residents. Please note: All business accounts are subject to the applicant’s status, and the bank’s terms and conditions. Rapid Formations cannot guarantee banking facilities will be offered.

HSBC can provide a business account for UK-registered companies with non-resident directors and shareholders. However, the owner(s) of the company must travel to the UK to sign a bank mandate and present their photographic ID and proof of address documentation. If you wish to find out more about banking with HSBC, please call (from the UK) 0800 032 1770 or from overseas 0044 01470 697032

Barclays offers an international business account with no stipulation for any directors or shareholders to be UK residents. All applications from non-residents must start from Barclays International in the Isle of Man, at Queen Victoria House. Whilst it is classified as offshore, it can be based in London, the Isle of Man or Jersey. You will benefit from the same facilities as onshore account holders, including: cheque books; credit and debit cards; and online and telephone banking facilities. This is perfectly suitable for your company to carry out normal trading and banking activities in the UK.

Please note:Barclays does request a sum of £25,000 to be placed on deposit in the first month of opening the account. If this is problematic, Barclays recommends including a covering letter with your application, stating your case for having the requirement waived.

Reactions: negon and Luigi
I found some guy who is providing already opened, unfortunately fresh but fortunately clean (no red alerts), personal accounts USA and even provides RDP (google it if you don't know) matching cookies from exact computer where account was opened, fully approved and according to seller's info, it is working. However there is one major disadvantage preventing me to buy this service: The ATM debit card may only be shipped within USA and the financial institution will NOT, guaranteed, ship to legitimate reforwarding drop boxes. So it would be great if there was some trustworthy person willing to get card delivered and reship it to Europe.

Regarding Barclays UK: i already asked and it would be impossible to meet their documentation requirements.

Hi @Benjamin0 Under what name are the already opened USA personal accounts? It doesn't seem very safe to run an account under other's guy name. Someday, the account holder may show up in the bank branch where the account is opened, show his ID to the teller, and with withdraw all "his" funds from the account.....

Could you please elaborate a bit more about the Barclays hard-to-meet documentation requirements? What did they ask you?

I found some guy who is providing already opened, unfortunately fresh but fortunately clean (no red alerts), personal accounts USA and even provides RDP (google it if you don't know) matching cookies from exact computer where account was opened, fully approved and according to seller's info, it is working. However there is one major disadvantage preventing me to buy this service: The ATM debit card may only be shipped within USA and the financial institution will NOT, guaranteed, ship to legitimate reforwarding drop boxes. So it would be great if there was some trustworthy person willing to get card delivered and reship it to Europe.

Regarding Barclays UK: i already asked and it would be impossible to meet their documentation requirements.

You previously stated:
I am looking for real, physical BANK account and not some online wallet (ewallet) who would then steal my money excusing themself that they need proof that my earnings were legal and until then they block account without my permission.

Running a business on a account owned by a unkowingly third party is much safer of course ...

Actually I am a british citizen and now live in Asia. I opened a business checking account in US just a couple of months a go (as this is a public forum I dont want to publicly post the name). I sometimes do this for people on the side - for people who are not in the ofac list. Its not a cheap service though. However, if you are looking for a CHEAP option I would suggest setting up a corporation first in US nevada, then start calling all banks in Nevada. Get a skype number, then start dialling.

That is what I did. Expect to get a LOT of NO's but just keep going.

and how much did you pay magicD? What happens if you get asked that you must go to the branch for whatever reason? E.g. temporary account suspension, red flag, explanation of transactions, required documentation to be brought to the branch showing two forms of ID, etc? There are some cases when you get required to step into the branch as a walk in visitor.

and how much did you pay magicD? What happens if you get asked that you must go to the branch for whatever reason? E.g. temporary account suspension, red flag, explanation of transactions, required documentation to be brought to the branch showing two forms of ID, etc? There are some cases when you get required to step into the branch as a walk in visitor.

You have mentioned some valid points. So let me ask you, if you are not in that country where you have opened the bank, can't that happen anyway? Meaning, regardless, that might possibly happen. unfortunately, we all run the risk of something like that happening. If you live in US and open an account in HK (which I know many people have including myself - and yes you do have to fly there to open the account 1st time), or in EU somewhere if something happens, guess what? You have to go there too.

Although you made valid points, what exactly is the difference? (maybe you can tell me)

Regarding the cost, its $1,499, that includes Corp, EIN and bank account all in the name of the signer, not some doggy thing. Regarding IDs, my contact at the bank requires 2 forms of your IDs. So not every person can open an account if he or she is from certain counties unfortunately.

Hopefully iv addressed your concern

So if you get requested that you MUST visit the branch then you will end up in huge trouble for sure, unless you have some unrealistically extremely high ATM debit withdrawal limit so you can withdraw all the money, or at least as much as possible, on your local ATM in HK before chance that you are required to visit the branch occurs/increases. Without such high ATM debit card withdrawal limit, you are risking a lot.

So you opened the account in person in USA? Not good for me as a potential solution. I was going to ask you if you could vouch to me some service who could get ATM debit card delivered on USA address and ship it worldwide. Offical reshipping service such as shipito.com won't work guaranteed. So I am looking for some trustworthy, serious person who could, for a small fee, get the card delivered on the street according to his/her defined USA address and ship it internationally.

In the UK opening a bank account is not that easy. If you can't travel try Carter Allen, or as it was mentioned before, try revolut.com. However they might request you an address and postboxes usually are not accepted. Try to find a friend in the UK who can "lend" you his address.

So if you get requested that you MUST visit the branch then you will end up in huge trouble for sure, unless you have some unrealistically extremely high ATM debit withdrawal limit so you can withdraw all the money, or at least as much as possible, on your local ATM in HK before chance that you are required to visit the branch occurs/increases. Without such high ATM debit card withdrawal limit, you are risking a lot.

So you opened the account in person in USA? Not good for me as a potential solution. I was going to ask you if you could vouch to me some service who could get ATM debit card delivered on USA address and ship it worldwide. Offical reshipping service such as shipito.com won't work guaranteed. So I am looking for some trustworthy, serious person who could, for a small fee, get the card delivered on the street according to his/her defined USA address and ship it internationally.

Ben, I dont live in HK, (at the time I was living in UK so I had to travel there) I now live in South East Asia, not HK. Yes if there is a request to visit the branch, yes one would need to go. But im sure if you ask anyone here who has opened a corporate bank account, maybe 1 out of 10 has been called into the bank for a problem. Which is why its always great to straight away talk to the manager of the branch or your account person and inform them you are a traveller working, they fully understand that, well HK, US and UK banks do as everything can be sorted over the phone or online banking.

I opened my USA account virtually (without visiting the USA) while I am in Asia - the way I open an account is a corporate business account. Personal accounts in my opinion is pretty much impossible due to them asking for SSN. I created my corp, sent my contact the info and my 2 IDS via email, he sent me an email to register for online banking.

My other contact funded my account over there. My papers where sent to my USA mail forwarding address, then forwarded to me in Asia so I can collect my ATM card and other details.

Pretty easy process.

Wells Fargo opens accounts for non-resident aliens, without any problems. (Personal visit, it only takes 45mins, a passport and a credit card from a large well known bank)(no utility bill or drivers license needed, only a real credit card)

I’m an international citizen in the United Stat... | Wells Fargo Customer Community
Personal visit is great if you live in the US or want to take a trip there, but Ben said, (if I read it correctly) he does NOT live in USA like I don't. So not so easy.

did you use any private mail forwarding address or common ones - companies for mail reshipping? This won't for atm cards.

I use US mail forwarding address. Actually just today I picked up my mail from US to Asia. The problem is it took so long, something like 4 months via USPS that included my ATM card and pin.

So if your question is can this be done with a mail forwarding address/virtual office, yes

Reactions: JohnLocke

Latest Threads