Our valued sponsor

UK offshore company for online payments (question)

Ike

May 23, 2020
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am looking to setup an offshore company in the UK, so that I can easily receive payments from my mostly US clients.

We offer software development services.

1. Is this possible?
2. If yes, how do I go about both?

Thanks a mil!

Definitely can ne done.
What do you want to achieve with regards to anonymity and tax. Yoir citizenship and place of residency will determine your solutions

Hi CaptK,

I'm from Nigeria and don't mind paying UK taxes.

My country has a tax treaty with the UK.

I don't care about anonymity, I just want a reliable way to receive payments from my clients.

You would be best placed to pay your taxes in Nigeria as its 24% flat rate. Whereas in the UK anything above £60,000 is higher rate.

PM me we can go into detail.

You would be best placed to pay your taxes in Nigeria as its 24% flat rate. Whereas in the UK anything above £60,000 is higher rate.

It appears I can't initiate a PM yet - new account.

But I'll still prefer for what you say to be here, so it's open to scrutiny by other members.

Your biggest issue is opening a UK bank account is you will need to be present.
If using a nominee your total set up costs are going to be around £3000. Ongoing costs are gonna be about £1500 per year (audit, filings, registered office and nominee fee).
This is a ball park figure but cant cost accurately without more information.

You may want to PM him if he agree to that, since this is a new user account and you are mentor group it may be you that contact him ;)