Our valued sponsor

UK Tax for Paypal and Stripe

masterminders

Mar 5, 2017
Visit site
I live and reside in South Africa but because I have lived as a student in the UK in the past, I have secured a UK personal bank account for over 10 years.

My question is, I have recently (4 months now) started to receive payment from Airbnb my Airbnb listing in South Africa. Am I supposed to pay UK tax for using a personal account even if my property is based in South Africa.

Secondly, I am doing SEO as a service and I want to use Personal Stripe which would also link to my UK account so when I share an invoice with customer, when they pay the money goes to stripe and stripe pays to my UK personal account. Would I be taxed for this, I know most of my clients would be from the UK and USA?

What is the recommendation in order for me not to pay tax for UK if I can pay here in South Africa which I don't?
Should I get a company or not?

Appreciate your help community members.

You don't pay tax in the UK only by having a bank account there. I don't think you can have a personal Stripe account in the UK if you're not resident. You could start a UK ltd, but stripe requires you to reside in a supported country.
You should of course pay taxes to SA for the airbnb income, even though the payment is received in the UK.

@fshore Well, I have a personal stripe account where I can generate invoice, and payment urls which I use it on my new website, it is linked to my UK bank account. All they required was a phone number and email. However, no payment has been received with it for now.

So, so long as I can use my personal account to receive up to 5k a month, I'm safe right?

Latest Threads