Our valued sponsor

Urgent advice needed about accusation of laundering money in EU

Alexia55

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

All my company and personal paypal and bank accounts been blocked for "illegal activity" and "laundering money" outside EU.
I would need advice how to protect my money transferred to outisde EU (Dubai & North Africa) in personal bank accounts.
Could Luxembourg freeze my accounts in both regions?
My goal is to protect what I already own there, is it better to open an offshore bank account and transfer to it all money till investigation get finished ?
Is an offfshore bank account safe from an EU court order ?

Many thanks

Reactions: Basil
best is to exchange everything to crypto and store it on a cold wallet. This way no one can steal anything from you unless you handover your wallet details to them.

create a kraken account exchange what you have and transfer it to the cold wallet.

In case you don't know what a cold wallet is:
Surely he'd convert to stable which can be seized/frozen.

Best thing to do, is not act like a crim, and talk to the accusing government surely.

Out of curiosity?

- Country
- Business type
- Allegation details

Reactions: Gediminas
All my company and personal paypal and bank accounts been blocked for "illegal activity" and "laundering money" outside EU.

You need to explain this better.

I would need advice how to protect my money transferred to outisde EU (Dubai & North Africa) in personal bank accounts.

No one should assist an alleged criminal.

Yes

My goal is to protect what I already own there, is it better to open an offshore bank account and transfer to it all money till investigation get finished ?

Best to not take any action that can lead to further accusations of money laundering and get legal advice. Just ensure you have enough money at hand available to survive in meantime.

Is an offfshore bank account safe from an EU court order ?

Not any more. Them days are long gone.

Surely he'd convert to stable which can be seized/frozen.

Best thing to do, is not act like a crim, and talk to the accusing government surely.

Out of curiosity?

- Country
- Business type
- Allegation details
there are stablecoins which are not regulated and can't be blocked like DAI,nbsCNY,bitEUR however they are not backed by real USD but buy other crypto curriencies.DAI for example with ETH ,bitEUR with BTS etc

Yes
How can Luxembourg (or any EU country) freeze accounts in another country?
I can imagine, this could be possible inside EU (e.g. Luxembourg may be able to freeze an account in Germany or France), but I cannot imagine they can freeze accounts in Africa or Asia easily.
Otherwise it would be quite easy to pursuit foreigners or citizens living abroad. Belarus could block the bank accounts of Roman Protasewitsch instead of diverting an air-plane and forcing it to ground.
Or many countries could block the bank accounts of the Russian Telegram founder Pawel Durow in UAE.
Or Spain could block the bank account of Carles Puigdemont in Belgium during his stay there.

Just my opinion. Maybe you are right.

Nothing criminal, one company websites was used for "pay tv"
Money came to paypal and transferred outside EU without collecting VAT or officially declaring it.
so this should be good ol' VAT evasion, not money laundering. Since ML implies that the origin of funds is illicit and attempts are made to look it legit money; in this case customers have purchased a legit pay tv service and the money was just moved offshore without any layering/integration.
So are you sure they're accusing you of ML?
Can you post the gov letter text?

How can Luxembourg (or any EU country) freeze accounts in another country?
I can imagine, this could be possible inside EU (e.g. Luxembourg may be able to freeze an account in Germany or France), but I cannot imagine they can freeze accounts in Africa or Asia easily.

International cooperation against money laundering has existed for years. The Egmont Group is one body for example they could go through to work with their counterparts in another country to freeze an account. It has a lot of members.

Just my opinion. Maybe you are right.

I am.

For them Pay tv (IPTV) is illegal so illicit that's why they accuse me of ML (no VAT also been collected)

Ok I understand why they did this. Yes IP TV has a bad reputation for streaming live sporting events and copyrighted content etc.

A fair few IPTV providers with illegal unauthorized content have been jailed. If all your accounts were blocked in coordination that sounds like a government operation against you.

P.S Ignoring the content side the lack of collection of VAT if you had EU customers is the biggy also. VAT fraud is no joke and often leads to jail time also.

And then the best option is to convert all to crypto and save it in hard wallet, as an offshore bank account would not be safe either ?

So I guess you had copyright content as well as failed to collect EU VAT? I can't suggest anything other than doing a strong prayer as your not ready for what will hit you if this is the case.