Our valued sponsor

US LLC opening Bank account

michaeldon

Apr 13, 2022
Panama
Visit site
Hi guys

I have a US LLC which will be a disreagarded entity as I am a non US resident. I need to get a decent US account for it. I have an account with Mercury but I am afraid to use it because the reviews are so bad (losing money etc).

For remote account opening, Revolut require an officer of the LLC to be a US resident. If I fly to the US Bank of America will oepn an acount but they require the same. However I met a non resident who opened an account with BOA using some kind of US address "without issues." I don't know the full details of that.

So what are the options?

- do I need to find a friend in the US and actually appoint him a director of the LLC? Maybe he could just tell the bank he is one? I read that the appointment of the LLC officer need not necessarily be public so it's hard for the bank to check? If I use a friend I don't want to get him into any difficulties because of false declarations etc.
- Could I just get a mailbox style address and tell the bank that's my address? Do they want utility bills?

Maybe I am over thinkng it?

Hi guys

I have a US LLC which will be a disreagarded entity as I am a non US resident. I need to get a decent US account for it. I have an account with Mercury but I am afraid to use it because the reviews are so bad (losing money etc).

For remote account opening, Revolut require an officer of the LLC to be a US resident. If I fly to the US Bank of America will oepn an acount but they require the same. However I met a non resident who opened an account with BOA using some kind of US address "without issues." I don't know the full details of that.

So what are the options?

- do I need to find a friend in the US and actually appoint him a director of the LLC? Maybe he could just tell the bank he is one? I read that the appointment of the LLC officer need not necessarily be public so it's hard for the bank to check? If I use a friend I don't want to get him into any difficulties because of false declarations etc.
- Could I just get a mailbox style address and tell the bank that's my address? Do they want utility bills?

Maybe I am over thinkng it?
I was able to open corporate accounts with Trynovel.com, Brex, Wise with no issue using the US LLC. I am also a non US resident. You should not have any issue as long as you have the formation documents and the EIN letter.

Hi, I have a foreign-owned US-LLC incorporated in Delaware. I met the same situation in 2018 as you so I came to US to open a bank account. The first day I went to all banks (wearing a lacoste tracksuit) and all of them rejected me (in the order bank of america, td bank, city bank, wells fargo…) Idk if I was rejected because at this time I didn’t speak well english or because I wore bad. Then I was forgiving but I wear my best shirt and my best pants and I went back to bank of america and met a wonderful latina girl who understood that I only spoke french (i’m french) so she calls her coworker from Ivory Coast who spoke french as well. In fact I needed a personal address in the US so we entered the address of the Airbnb. With this I submitted the certificate of formation and the statement of authorized person then they opened the account.
4 years later, today, it’s good but they take a lot of fees, 3% on each foreign currency spending, 5$ on each withdrawal + 3%, they only offer account in USD and it’s very difficult to apply for their credit card (travel rewards) to avoid foreign transactions fees. Actually I’m searching for a better solution but I don’t find anyone.

Reactions: FilipinoLawyer
I went back to bank of america and met a wonderful latina girl who understood that I only spoke french (i’m french) so she calls her coworker from Ivory Coast
what the f**k

You can apply for it yourself. Or you can ask get the same website forming your company to get the EIN letter for you.
i have sent faxes to irs and get it for free .

Latest Threads