Our valued sponsor

US LLC trading address - Wise / Mercury

artmiriam30

Nov 19, 2023
London
Visit site
I am a perpetual traveler with a single member US LLC disregarded entity and no current tax residence. My current Wise Belgium bank account says that the US LLC registered address and the trading address are the same US New Mexico address provided by Northwest agent. Is this a potential issue in terms of creating an ETBUS link? (as far as work is not performed there). On the other hand, if I swith the US LLC bank account to Mercury, they require a physical address for the US LLC, as well as an address where the daily work is performed (a trading address). What kind of reporting comes into effect in this scenario? And what trading address is best to declare?

If I provide a trading address of a prior European country of tax residence (or the address of a temporary accommodation in a country I travel to but don't hold residence in), could this risk to create tax liability in the respective country?

Reactions: SoNewToAllShit
The chances are small, as long as you are not registered in that country with the authorities, you should not be liable for taxes there. The question is how you will acquire a utility bill and how that will be viewed, possibly as fraud.

I am having the same issue: same LLC, resident in EU, no affiliation to the US.
I created a lease agreement from scratch, searched for a real address in an industrial park (with tha perticular bulding not on streetview), provided a bunch of details in both the lease agreement and email accompaning the aggreement. I also downloaded verizon internet bill and changed the address and a few more details. I printed the documents, singed them with two different pens, smeared some dirt and cofe stains, scanned it with my phone. Everything i learned from movies :D
So basically i provided false documents.

I got a very warm toned reply within the day saying that everything is in order. This was a few weeks ago. So far so good. It doesn't give me sleepless nights but i have to be honest there is a certain worry in me. Will probably switch EMI providers within a year just to make sure i 'escape' the pile of poop i have craeted. I regard this as an innocent lie, which gets me a tick in the right (compiance) box, that will never be revisited again, but in the eyes of the law... well... it is a case of fraud.

What do you think guys, has anyone bent the law in this way while optimizing their taxes?