Our valued sponsor

US uranium imports from Russia more than double

Martin Everson

Offshore Retiree
Jan 2, 2018
Visit site

US uranium imports from Russia more than double​

What a hypocritical world we live in :confused:. I wonder if US is paying Russia in USD or RUB for the Uranium..lol.

----- quote start

US uranium imports from Russia were up 2.2-fold in 2022 to 416 tonnes in the first six months of this year, as Washington is forced to admit that it remains heavily dependent on Russian nuclear fuel.
The US has its own deposits of uranium, but they are insufficiently developed to supply its burgeoning nuclear power plant (NPP) sector. And despite having been the home of the Manhattan Project, the US lacks sufficient processing power to refine raw uranium into the burnable U235 – a business that Russia dominates globally.

In the first six months of the year, the US more than doubled its imports of Russian uranium, spending $695.5mn in the process. Experts say that it will take at least five years of heavy investment for the US to break its dependency on Russian imports of U235.

---- quote end

What a hypocritical world we live in :confused:. I wonder if US is paying Russia in USD or RUB for the Uranium..lol.

----- quote start

US uranium imports from Russia were up 2.2-fold in 2022 to 416 tonnes in the first six months of this year, as Washington is forced to admit that it remains heavily dependent on Russian nuclear fuel.
The US has its own deposits of uranium, but they are insufficiently developed to supply its burgeoning nuclear power plant (NPP) sector. And despite having been the home of the Manhattan Project, the US lacks sufficient processing power to refine raw uranium into the burnable U235 – a business that Russia dominates globally.

In the first six months of the year, the US more than doubled its imports of Russian uranium, spending $695.5mn in the process. Experts say that it will take at least five years of heavy investment for the US to break its dependency on Russian imports of U235.

---- quote end
From both sides. Wouldn't it be of advantage for Russia to stop exporting uranium to the US, until they make the sanctions go away and stop supporting that UKR war?

It seems that it's all just a farce, and that 1984 style the enemies and friends will be rewritten at will.

The main purpose seems to be using '2 minutes hate' to manipulate the masses and steal their money and freedom.
No matter if 'climate change', corona, 9/11, China, BLM, or whatever comes next, it's all the same.

From both sides. Wouldn't it be of advantage for Russia to stop exporting uranium to the US, until they make the sanctions go away and stop supporting that UKR war?

Unfortunately war and trade live in two separate spaces. While fighting (or in a proxy war) with an enemy you can still be buying and selling to them. Nothing illustrates this more than when Ford in US continued to supply military vehicle parts to Nazi Germany during second world war. Also American has sanctions on Iran but still buys Iranian oil...lol.

Bottom line is business is business and both Russia and US benefit from continuing this trade. Just because someone is your enemy does not preclude trade from continuing as trade and war exist in separate spaces. The economic consequences of a total shutdown in trade would be an exercise in self harm for both sides ;).

MSN
1702599153497.png

Interesting...I wonder what happened to that page smi(&% ;)

PS. I don't blame MSN. I wouldn't want to be "given an offer I can't refuse" either. F*ck that! It's H3ll on Earth in the feds!

Strange what happened to that article. Inconvenient truths I guess in an election period :confused:.

---

Russia provided almost a quarter of the enriched uranium used to fuel America’s fleet of more than 90 commercial reactors, making it the No. 1 foreign supplier to the US last year, according to Energy Department data.

----

But from the horses mouth on governments own website:

Uranium feed, enrichment services, uranium loaded​

In 2022, COOs delivered 35 million pounds U3O8e of natural uranium feed to U.S. and foreign enrichers. U.S. enrichment suppliers received 41% of the feed, and the remaining 59% was delivered to foreign enrichment suppliers (Table 13). Fourteen million separative work units (SWU)2 were purchased under enrichment services contracts from nine sellers in 2022 (Table 16, Table 25). The average price paid by the COOs for the 14 million SWU was $101.03 per SWU in 2022, a slight uptick from the $99.54 per SWU paid in 2021. In 2022, the U.S.-origin SWU share was 27%, and the foreign-origin SWU accounted for the remaining 73%. Foreign-origin SWU included 24% from Russia, 12% from Germany, 11% from the United Kingdom, and 9% from the Netherlands (Table 16).

-----

• Haha
Reactions: belarus and jafo

----- quote start

---- quote end
Geopolitical twins as they say!

Latest Threads