Our valued sponsor

Valid copy of passport Certified and translated in English

fla

Offshore Agent
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Dear Users,

I'm an Italian webmaster, I'm planning to open an offshore company in seychelles to start my business.

I need a valid certified copy of my passport and translated but I have some doubts:

1 - My passport is multilanguage (like all passports around the world)

It is in English/french/italian

2 - Anyone of you knows WHO in italy can certify a copy of my passport?

(Notary does not certify, banks doesn't certify)

The unique member of italian government that can certify a true copy of the passport is the prefecture.

Is there anyone of you that had troubles like me?

(Italian version)

C'è qualche Italiano che prima di me ha dovuto certificare la copia del proprio passaporto?

Se si dove (e soprattutto come data la burocrazia italiana) è possibile fare questa certificazione?

Grazie

thanks, Italian bureaucracy is like committing suicide.

Last edited by a moderator:
The unique member of italian government that can certify a true copy of the passport is the prefecture.
It should be OK as far as I know, otherwise send it through to us and we can check.

This is what prefecture just answered to me here in Italy:

"Passport has no reason to be certified as a true copy cause passport is the Document for excellence unfalsifiable"

Next step I will try to ask to the bank but with no longer hope....

The passport itself cannot be certified, as it is the original. What can be certified is a copy of your passport.

It sounds like the prefecture did not understand your question.

We are in same boat. I will go down the street to a law firm in a few hours with a photo copy of my passport and ask them to certify it to be true copy, we will see what they say :)

The matter is this:

A lawyer of my knowledge said to me that if I want he can certify that the copy is conform to the original and sign the paper but here in Italy this is a "no-sense" and has no juridical value but if CCLogic needs this, no problem he will have this.

Otherwise it is possible to get a valid authentication of the copy by the Municipal Hall and after applying the "Apostille" by the prefecture, this has an International Validity but it is written in Italian and not in English and CCLogic said to me that certification must be written in English... Another no-sense.

Well to clarify, you can simply go to your lawyer, ask him to certify the COPY of your passport to be a true copy, put his rubber stamp on it and you are all set to go. That's all. The same a notary can do, a certify account and even a banker of a reputable bank. It can't be that difficult. However, this is a discussion board so we welcome any question and answers :)

My Lawyer will do this but this certification in Italy has no validity cause Lawyers have no Power of authentication...simply... and banks the same cause they are Private Institutions. Only Jiuridical organ have the power to certify a thing (and not all organs only the municipal and the prefecture applying the apostille) and find a lawyer or a Juridical person who writes english it is just like find petroleum...