Our valued sponsor

Vat in netherlands too time !

Pup

Nov 21, 2020
Visit site
Hello guys !

A the end of November we have set up a company in Netherlands, the procedure was very very simple and quite economic. The company has a no-resident director/shareholder but a real office and contracts ready to sign with partners in NL, also we want to import some NFC device from chinese market and sell to NL, IT, DE and other European customers. The problem is the VAT number: we have sent all documents to the TAX OFFICE (as they have required) with all relevent informations, the original documents was arrived to the office of our accountant at the beginning of January 2022 (there was the Xmas holiday), till now we don't have receive the VAT number and today we have write an other official letter in order to know the status of the request ........ 6 weeks it's a crazy time ! We have already open the bank account .......... !

Very odd, from what I understand, the notary will simply inform the Chambers of Commerce which should then trigger the tax authorities to send you one over within 2 weeks (source in Dutch: Alles over het btw-identificatienummer) this is for a BV (more or less an llc) it says.

Could it possibly be a foundation that you have setup? Maybe that explains the difficulty.
Sounds like a lot of trouble in general, hope you get everything sorted out soon.

Very odd, from what I understand, the notary will simply inform the Chambers of Commerce which should then trigger the tax authorities to send you one over within 2 weeks (source in Dutch: Alles over het btw-identificatienummer) this is for a BV (more or less an llc) it says.
Yes, please take kindly attention within 2 weeks if there is a dutch director. Yes correct is a BV
Could it possibly be a foundation that you have setup? Maybe that explains the difficulty.
Sounds like a lot of trouble in general, hope you get everything sorted out soon.
No it's not a foundation but a BV, if we have set up an holding we don't need a VAT number

Reactions: Simon4466
My apologies, did not notice that having a non-Dutch director would have been an issue.
Hope your service provider is able to work this out in a timely manner.
Yes Simon, with a non-dutch director we need to proof the substance of the company in NL such as: real office, contracts with partners in NL, import from an not EU countires. We have already do everything and the servise provider sent all info to the Tax Office.

Reactions: Simon4466
I would suggest just calling them. In the Netherlands, usually, everything is very accessible by phone. You can call police, tax authorities, city hall just for the information and, usually, they are more than happy to help you. It's possible (as everywhere in the world) that something was lost / missed / incorrectly tagged.

Reactions: Pup