Our valued sponsor

Question VAT rate for Ebooks and e-learning services (B2C)

valtrue

Sep 24, 2020
Visit site
Hi,

I have a question related to VAT rates.
I have EU company and I want to start selling to other countries.
My customers are physical person (no companies).

I think that the best solution for me is VAT MOSS.
Which VAT rates will be applicable for:
- ebooks (i think that reduced VAT is applicable - for ex. 0% for UK, 7% for Germany, 10% for Austria, 4% for Spain etc)
- courses/elearning (people have interaction with human, no 100% automatically service). Do you know if can I get 0% VAT rate in any(examples like above?) countries on B2C transactions?

And once again - sales will come from countries outside the country where company is incorporated and all of these transactions will be B2C

Hi,

I have a question related to VAT rates.
I have EU company and I want to start selling to other countries.
My customers are physical person (no companies).

I think that the best solution for me is VAT MOSS.
Which VAT rates will be applicable for:
- ebooks (i think that reduced VAT is applicable - for ex. 0% for UK, 7% for Germany, 10% for Austria, 4% for Spain etc)
- courses/elearning (people have interaction with human, no 100% automatically service). Do you know if can I get 0% VAT rate in any(examples like above?) countries on B2C transactions?

And once again - sales will come from countries outside the country where company is incorporated and all of these transactions will be B2C
0% VAT within EU on B2C transaction is impossible unless your service is VAT-exempt (very difficult to qualify)

Reactions: valtrue
UK have 0% vat on ebooks. So, if i will incorporate company in UK with VAT MOSS can I sell ebooks to Germany customers on 0% VAT? (I think that 7% ebook rate(based on official German rates) is applicable) // EDIT: @avalanche based on you reply to @dirtyharry I can confirm my knowledge that UK company(seller) + MOSS + ebook + Germany Citizen(buyer) = 7% vat

I heard that is possible to sell courses with remote teaching service on reduced or 0% vat, But maybe I'm wrong.

Delware LLC could sell courses to EU on 0% VAT?

Last edited:
UK have 0% vat on ebooks. So, if i will incorporate company in UK with VAT MOSS can I sell ebooks to Germany customers on 0% VAT? (I think that 7% ebook rate(based on official German rates) is applicable) // EDIT: @avalanche based on you reply to @dirtyharry I can confirm my knowledge that UK company(seller) + MOSS + ebook + Germany Citizen(buyer) = 7% vat

I heard that is possible to sell courses with remote teaching service on reduced or 0% vat, But maybe I'm wrong.

Delware LLC could sell courses to EU on 0% VAT?
No you need to pay German VAT.

If Delaware LLC sells to EU on 0% VAT its illegal in EU. Nobody will come after you though unless you have large turnover

Latest Threads