Our valued sponsor

virtual mobile number in Cyprus to receive sms?

blip

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
Anyone knows a provider where I can sign up for a virtual Cypriotic number where I can receive smses (to be sent via email to me)?

I looked at Sonetel but they don't have mobile numbers for Cyprus and so can't receive any sms. :(

Reactions: negon
Please post if you find some provider. I had luck to get a SIM card from Cyprus, but unfortunately I can't get more from the current source so I'm looking for a source currently.

Yeah it is a huge problem for Cyprus and some other smaller islands and counrties. I'm in touch with someone that say he can sell me SIM cards for Cyprus for €80 but I'm not sure if that works and how many he can send me :) Will post an update if I get anything clarified.

I really needed to get going so I went for www.sonetel.com to get a virtual number in Cyprus (call forwarding and answering machine). For pure sms I found www.proovl.com and settled for a number in another European country (no Cyprus).
So I now have two numbers, one in Cyprus (no sms) and one outside of Cyprus (for sms). Not the best solution but workable at the moment.

For what service do you need the SMS service? I just wonder because you say it works :)

Signing of documents with 3rd parties. They send an sms with a code for verification. I get the code and input that into their system so they know it really is me who "signs". I could have used any number for the sms but for pure business reasons I wanted to keep it close to Cyprus. :)

Android app called hushed provides all such services :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180511-162420_Hushed.jpg
    Screenshot_20180511-162420_Hushed.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 1,000
Reactions: negon
proovl really sucks wasted 15 eur on that sh*t, so many verifications , expensive , poor features (miss links in sms until upgrading account to premium ) always show error not user friendly .... didn't try the api yet - us is voip this why it's cheap .

Yeah it is a huge problem for Cyprus and some other smaller islands and counrties. I'm in touch with someone that say he can sell me SIM cards for Cyprus for €80 but I'm not sure if that works and how many he can send me :) Will post an update if I get anything clarified.
Hi sir,
Did you manage to find someone for a Cyprus phone number that can receive SMS? Virtual one or a Sim Card anything?

Yes as I said, I bought them back in time, maybe someone else has ideas to where to get such cards.

Latest Threads