Our valued sponsor

VoIP question -- Which provider?

Yakooza

Jan 17, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

I was looking for a VoIP service to have on my phone with a valid number, to receive text messages and phone calls on it through the Internet? Not through the SIM card. So for example everywhere in the world, I can get these calls and messages. Mostly for the business phone calls and get texts for website verifications etc..

Any recommendation?

Why don't you simply get a SIM card which can be used worldwide?

you can try www.onesim.com as well
Sorry to reopen this thread after all that time. Today I received my onesim card where I want a UK number for tide.co anyway, it is a VOIp number you get from an Estonian telephone company which provide a estonia SIM Card - OneSim is located in the USA so it is pretty much stupid to by their SIM card if you live in Europe.

Anyway, they can't provide any UK SIMS nor anything for the UK that is useful or can be bought with any company formation agent in the UK.

Wasted $100 LOL

I use Get virtual phone numbers, SIP, VoIP and IP telephony services and features some times if needed. However sometimes fraud detection systems don't allow sms to their numbers, for sms I can really recommend proovl.com and choose their SIM numbers.
But attention, I had the case a few days ago, where paypal declined the phone number for call verification as they said "the number was not registered in the account holders name". I have no idea how the heck they can prove this, is this a public information ?! Didn't knew that. Still got the account verified, after contacting support, however I think that this will be a problem we will run into, in the near future if we need these numbers for call verification.

I have not been using Proovl for years because most EMI's rejected their mobile phone numbers. Now you suggested it, I bought 15 credit by credit card and now this s**t: We will review your order and get back to you within 24 hours!

Why is this service not instant if you pay with credit card and confirm the transaction with 3D secure. Damn they have to learn something. They are from Latvia right?

Yeah it works, their Vodafone numbers works fine. In the past it was the same and then most EMI providers blocked their numbers and their services stoped wokring. There is a thread about it on this forum. Anyway looks like everything works. Thanks for bringing this up again thu&¤#

Latest Threads