Our valued sponsor

Want to keep UK residency but also save taxes....

benben12

Mar 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm UK based and want to keep residency here. What is the best solution for country/bank account (good bank!)/structure. Any fresh ideas? Doesn't have to be completely water tight legally etc just want something that makes sense. Is it really necessary to go all the way to Dubai for this?

Reactions: Steve3000
What taxes i.e corporate or personal? What type of income also?

Your question is too vague.

Hi guys,

I'm UK based and want to keep residency here. What is the best solution for country/bank account (good bank!)/structure. Any fresh ideas? Doesn't have to be completely water tight legally etc just want something that makes sense. Is it really necessary to go all the way to Dubai for this?
Not sure what you mean, but if you want to keep 'a foot in each country' then it's much easier in the UK than other countries. You just need an address, parents, siblings, friends in the UK. Keep bank accounts going, brokerage accounts, subscriptions, opticians, supermarket cards etc linked to that address. Just to get mail with that address on. Don't tell anyone that you're also elsewhere. Think of your life abroad as an extended business trip. Keep your doctor, library, electoral register going. The local authorities in the UK are interested in only one thing, the bloody council tax. So if you use a relative's address, offer to pay your share. Fortunately, HMRC don't seem to be integrated into any info sharing, so you can be honest with them. PS Don't ever try to cheat the HMRC or do anything fraudulent (gain pecuniary advantage) !!! You may be breaking some bank T&Cs but nothing illegal. I've spent half my life working in various European countries and the HMRC knows all about it. But my local UK authority thinks that I still in the same Yorkshire village! Maybe the Monty Python village idiot? ;)

Reactions: polonieth
Not sure what you mean, but if you want to keep 'a foot in each country' then it's much easier in the UK than other countries. You just need an address, parents, siblings, friends in the UK. Keep bank accounts going, brokerage accounts, subscriptions, opticians, supermarket cards etc linked to that address. Just to get mail with that address on. Don't tell anyone that you're also elsewhere. Think of your life abroad as an extended business trip. Keep your doctor, library, electoral register going. The local authorities in the UK are interested in only one thing, the bloody council tax. So if you use a relative's address, offer to pay your share. Fortunately, HMRC don't seem to be integrated into any info sharing, so you can be honest with them. PS Don't ever try to cheat the HMRC or do anything fraudulent (gain pecuniary advantage) !!! You may be breaking some bank T&Cs but nothing illegal. I've spent half my life working in various European countries and the HMRC knows all about it. But my local UK authority thinks that I still in the same Yorkshire village! Maybe the Monty Python village idiot? ;)
right...

Passport scanned on entry and exit + facial recognition at airports in streets etc. Unlikely to work

right...

Passport scanned on entry and exit + facial recognition at airports in streets etc. Unlikely to work
But do they share all that info with your local authority? Airports have high security but that stays with them. You are over-thinking it. Crikey, you're more paranoid than me ! Just relax. Never, ever do anything like telling lies to the tax people, and you'll be fine. UK residency is easy peasy. But do you have an address that you can use?

But do they share all that info with your local authority? Airports have high security but that stays with them. You are over-thinking it. Crikey, you're more paranoid than me ! Just relax. Never, ever do anything like telling lies to the tax people, and you'll be fine. UK residency is easy peasy. But do you have an address that you can use?
You'd be surprised as to how much data is shared, or if needed can be used against you