Our valued sponsor

What are some available options for easy residency --> citizenship?

Nowhere. Perhaps surprisingly, no country wants to give citizenship to people of mediocre means who don't contribute to their country in any way.

But you can find places where the checks on how many days you spent in the country aren't very strictly enforced.

Dominican Republic is still quite relaxed but you will need a bit more cash than 10,000 USD. It's either around 200,000 USD in a single deposit to become resident or around 24,000 USD/year in passive income.

Citizenship takes about two years to get, but three years to keep. And you can't leave for a period of more than 10 years without risking losing your citizenship.

Reactions: Golden Fleece
Nowhere. Perhaps surprisingly, no country wants to give citizenship to people of mediocre means who don't contribute to their country in any way.

But you can find places where the checks on how many days you spent in the country aren't very strictly enforced.

Dominican Republic is still quite relaxed but you will need a bit more cash than 10,000 USD. It's either around 200,000 USD in a single deposit to become resident or around 24,000 USD/year in passive income.

Citizenship takes about two years to get, but three years to keep. And you can't leave for a period of more than 10 years without risking losing your citizenship.
This sounds interesting. 24000 USD passive can be contract with your own US LLC stating that you will be getting 2k$ per month?

Yeah I am curious about these flexible countries with no strict enforcement on amount of days spent.

This sounds interesting. 24000 USD passive can be contract with your own US LLC stating that you will be getting 2k$ per month?
It's not checked in much detail. As long as you can show at least 2,000 USD/month from a foreign source, they'll usually be happy.

13.5 . The income received by any of the aforementioned items must be for a minimum amount oftwo thousand dollars (US $ 2,000.00) per monthor its equivalent in Dominican pesos. Similarly, for each direct dependent anadditionalsumof US $ 250.00 (two hundred and fifty dollars). In none of the cases does the income received by salaries apply, nor by profits or annual benefits of the company.

Are you sure about that? I have never heard about that requirement. Does that apply to CBI programs, CBN (naturalization), or both? I did not uncover anything in a quick Google search.
Yes. If you have obtained citizenship through naturalisation, leaving the Dominican Republic for a period of more than 10 years can be grounds for loss of citizenship.

Check paragraph II(d) and II(e) of article 12 in law 1683 from 1948. https://dgii.gov.do/legislacion/leyesTributarias/Documents/Otras Leyes de Interés/1683.pdf

Párrafo II. (Modificado por la Ley 4996, del 19958. G.O. 8286). El Poder Ejecutivo tendrá capacidad para revocar cualquier naturalización cuando al favorecido:
a) Tome las armas contra la República o preste ayuda en cualquier atentado contra ella; así como la tentativa y la trama para tomarlas o ayudar en un atentado;
b) Participe como autor o cómplice en actos o empresas destinados a derrocar el Gobierno legalmente constituido o atenté contra la persona del Jefe del Estado o de los Dignatarios que gocen de las mismas prerrogativas, así como la tentativa y la trama para cometerlos;
c) Cometa actos de infidelidad, desafección, deslealtad, ingratitud o indignidad contra la República, sus dirigentes, dignatarios o instituciones;
d) Traslade su domicilio al exterior dentro del año de obtenida la naturalización;
e) Se ausente después de obtenida la naturalización hacia el exterior sin regresar al país dentro de los 10 años de su partida;

d) means you have to stay in the country for at least a year after getting citizenship. e) means you can't permanently leave for more than 10 years.

Reactions: Golden Fleece
It's not checked in much detail. As long as you can show at least 2,000 USD/month from a foreign source, they'll usually be happy.

7.1. certificate issued by the bank receiving the deposit or investment that produces the rent, certifying that the client has a deposit and / or investments in that banking institution that provides stable and permanent income for a period of not less than five years.

This might be bit difficult to prove

7.1. certificate issued by the bank receiving the deposit or investment that produces the rent, certifying that the client has a deposit and / or investments in that banking institution that provides stable and permanent income for a period of not less than five years.

This might be bit difficult to prove
When I was applying for it, i was still eligible. However, I was rejected and I no longer am eligible for the same qualification anymore.

Latest Threads