Our valued sponsor

What are the crypto payment gateways like coinbase commerce?

coinbase is also not exchange to fiat as far as I know.. thanks for the hint.
yes they are, take a look at their frontpage please.
coinbase-commerce.jpg

you see the 3rd line on the image, you can sell it for CASH as they call it, we will say FIAT :)

Reactions: lory
but it is a whole lot more advance solution compared to coinbase.
If you want to host your own node then it requires a VPS and docker experience. But, you can always use hosted nodes, they have a list of them and use a woocommerce plugin. Coinbase are very finicky, if they ever find tainted coins, they may block processing.

Woocommerce Pplugin for BTCPay: BTCPay for WooCommerce

Third party Hosting Directory for BTCPay: https://directory.btcpayserver.org/filter/hosts

I go with this normally: Register

well, thanks, but no thanks... it's for techy's only not for me.

It allows for seamless lightning payments (the off-chain/second layer instant and ulta-low fee payment option of Bitcoin) which depending on your business needs are a great option to have.

If you want to roll with BTCpay and need someone to take care of it, shoot me a message. I am experienced doing that for clients.

Good point!
Also an important question to answer is:
do you want to have a thrid party sniffing around your business and customers?

Conbase is well known to do that and apply all kind of analytics and selling their intel.

Well if you sell custom tailored suits, i would say coinbase commerce is fine.
Believe me that most of the customers won't give a s**t about it as soon as you deliver what you promised them, even you give data to third party business when you come to the forum. If we are talking about money, we first think in what is better for the business based on our needs... if your customers are aware of what your tools are doing everything is fine.

My question on type of business is because if he needs something complex then both options are useless but if he only need something really simple both are overkill... If he needs something quick and simple to use coinbase is way better than BTCPay

Believe me that most of the customers won't give a s**t about it as soon as you deliver what you promised them, even you give data to third party business when you come to the forum. If we are talking about money, we first think in what is better for the business based on our needs... if your customers are aware of what your tools are doing everything is fine.

My question on type of business is because if he needs something complex then both options are useless but if he only need something really simple both are overkill... If he needs something quick and simple to use coinbase is way better than BTCPay
Yes, ur correct. I see that myself, but I also see it as a duty to protect customers to some extent against their ignorance and because after all it is a giant network where everything is connected.

Coinbase is almost like google being used widely.
Butme giving data to this forum (which is not a global player) is not the same to give data to coinbase (using gmail would be the equivalent).
If you mention this forum here using GA, then I am on board here.

You can setup a thridparty BTCpayserver with no tech in a matter of minutes. It hardly gets easier than that.

You can handle complex stuff as well but that requires coding.

Coinbase is one of the few very stable and reliable wallets & payment gateways, they are some sort of first mover it looks.

I can't see what the difference is between their coinbase payment gateway (coinbase commerce) and the cryptocurrency wallet, but that's me.

Coinbase is one of the few very stable and reliable wallets & payment gateways, they are some sort of first mover it looks.

I can't see what the difference is between their coinbase payment gateway (coinbase commerce) and the cryptocurrency wallet, but that's me.
Yes, that is true. but they also run extensive data harvesting and selling data to all kind of agencies and govs and what not. I would be reluctant to pay at a merchant which uses conbase.

how do you know that? Anything you have evidence for or someone else has evidence for?

and so on

Latest Threads