Our valued sponsor

What are the review of Mauritius for moving for tax purpose as no tax if not remit here?

Open a company showing you have $350k invested in it and you get your passport in 2 years.$500k are old numbers.
Or live 5 years in Mauritius and get it anyways.
It's better to know some people there who have good contacts.
They recommend to do a charity party which opens a lot of doors.

Their passport is awesome based on visa free travels
Also they have Nom Dom rules like cyprus which makes it very attractive.

Mauritius was a crypto hub but they changed it and its now not legal without any license.

The only negative i saw during last years was the nearly total closure of mauritius because of C and the mass testing and higher flight costs than to dubai
Do you know of anyone who got the passport as easy as it sounds in the video?

Same as Poland for example.
There are sources for Poland.

Polish law does not forbid a Polish citizen from becoming the citizen of a foreign state but Polish authorities will only recognize the Polish citizenship.

Poland is one of the few countries which doesn't allow officaly dual citizenship and still in reality millions of people have dual citizenships there with the government knowing about it.
They maybe "know" but don't recognize your second citizenship. In their papers you are only a Pole.

As I said, Mauritius don't allow dual citizenship for naturalised persons. No source = No proof

Check this comment on Reddit

Reactions: RealDude
Polish law does not forbid a Polish citizen from becoming the citizen of a foreign state but Polish authorities will only recognize the Polish citizenship.
That is not the reality.I have also obtained a polish citizenship and i own another one which i had way before and poland is well aware of it.
Do they recognise my other citizenship ?Till now without any problem even accepting that my lives center is there,means i do not need to pay taxes there.
However you are only allowed to live officaly x years outside of poland before losing your citizenship or need at least to be registered in a place in poland where your live center can be still outside of poland

Polish authorities will only recognize the Polish citizenship.
That claim was made on reddit based if they stop you they will treat you as their own citizen and not a foreigner.
All countries do so even the one who allow dual citizenship if you own their citizenship.

No not really, i have both Italian and Polish citisenship and i never had any troubles

Exactly - that’s why it should be yellow. Basically for Poland your Italian citizenship does not exist / does not matter. Fun fact - if you’d got to Italian army as Italian citizen, you could be prosecuted in Poland as it’s illegal for Polish citizens to serve in foreign armies ;)
Its ilegal to serve as citizen of a given country in any other nations army.That is not just poland.

As I said, Mauritius don't allow dual citizenship for naturalised persons. No source = No proof
This statement can only come from somebody who has no real world experience with eastern europe/africa and thinks this is german or swiss bureacracy

No source = No proof
Yeah i guess my contact must have been lucky to have his new mauritian passport and his old one from luxembourg

Last edited:
However you are only allowed to live officaly x years outside of poland before losing your citizenship

IMG_0768.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: RealDude and Alonzo
Roman Polanski , 90 years old, born in Paris, never even lived in Poland, yet still Polish citizen
You see thats reality what i talk about and not what they officaly announce.
I could add more names from people i know but people will still claim no source no proof

However it's still possible that Polanski is somewhere in poland registered (under an offical adress) but still didn't lived there which is not required by polish law

However you are only allowed to live officaly x years outside of poland before losing your citizenship or need at least to be registered in a place in poland where your live center can be still outside of poland

Last edited:

"the resident individual will be subject to income tax in Mauritius on all his income derived in Mauritius or remitted to Mauritius."

Income taxes can be higher than 15% with the new Solidarity Levy in place:
Do you know how it is about crypto? I know there is not regulation for now, but how is it in practice?

Do you have to report any foreign income which is not remitted to Mauritius? So I don't like to present all my wealth to anyone. Especially if it's not an unlawful action as there is no taxes on it.

"Do you have to report any foreign income which is not remitted to Mauritius?" No

"but how is it in practice?" capital gains are not taxed. if it's salary i.e. received in crypto = normal taxation.

Last edited:
Do you know how it is about crypto? I know there is not regulation for now, but how is it in practice?

Do you have to report any foreign income which is not remitted to Mauritius? So I don't like to present all my wealth to anyone. Especially if it's not an unlawful action as there is no taxes on it.
if you take the money via cc from a foreign company its taxfree

"Do you have to report any foreign income which is not remitted to Mauritius?" No

"but how is it in practice?" capital gains are not taxed. if it's salary i.e. received in crypto = normal taxation.
Do you live in Mauritius? So this is real world experience?

Thanks!

No, it is remitted as well.
I also think it's remitted as it flows through a local bank. But I am not really want to avoid taxes. I fine to pay for what I use in Mauritius.

Last edited:

Latest Threads