Our valued sponsor

What bank do you recommend in Hong Kong?

electric

Corporate Services
Business Angel
Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

I am looking to open a corporate account in Hong Kong for my Hong Kong company. I know about HSBC and it seems like everyone recommends them.. but they don't explain why they are "better" than the others.

It seems like all the major banks are the same. What do you think? Is there a reason why one is better than another?

What do you recommend, and why do you recommend it?

• HSBC
  • Standard Chartered Bank
  • Citibank
  • Bank of China
  • Hang Seng Bank
  • Bank of East Asia

Thanks!

Contact the banks. Read on their websites about what types of accounts they have. Compare them and carefully consider your needs vs. what is being offered.

HSBC is popular because it's a big and easy-going bank with solid services at good fees and good customer service. They are also one of the most foreigner-friendly banks.

Add DBS to that list of banks to consider.

Thanks Zqq.

I've got a big spreadsheet that I am keeping track of everything so I can more easily compare. Mostly I am interested in ongoing costs such as outgoing transfer fees, monthly maintenance fees, etc... My needs are very very basic. This account will just be a repository for incoming merchant account payments, paypal transfers, and then outgoing wires to the holding company bank account.

:)

Latest Threads