Our valued sponsor

What business activity may not be considered high risk by banks?

Spinat

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Gold
Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
I would like to start this thread to get a discussion about what industry and business category you think a bank would not consider to be high risk!

To start with I can tell you that most bank consider the so called broad word "E-Commerce / selling online stuff" high risk. The banks I have tried with in Cyprus, Malta and even some EMI's, they simply don't accept application any longer unless you can show them a really good business plan which may be better than good.

Do you have any suggestions on how to setup something they won't consider high risk?

Each time I check with a bank their list of high risk activity it is pretty much everything other than window cleaning and selling bedroom slippers.

Sorry I mistaken if you sell bedroom slippers to someone in Africa your business is now high risk.

At the end of the day it will come down to how good your business model and business description is!

Wow, you're kidding, right!?

Can anybody else chime in on this absurdity? @Martin Everson ? Do Banks really consider these "low-risk"? These are like the go-to setups for money laundering... I find it absurd that banks consider these "low risk" and Ecommerce "high risk".
Hey, Alex, this description is really consided like a low risk within higher risk group. What I mean, that if your business was really low risk, you would not even think about this question. If you are local business, with local director, with local suppliers and mostly local clients - welcome to your local bank, they are waiting for you :) if you need to be more creative - the list I mentioned works so far.

Latest Threads