Our valued sponsor

What countries offer almost INSTANT Citizenship after marriage?

I work online. I earn a good amount of money, way above average. I have my two passports and looking to acquire a third passport, ideally from Europe or Latin America, but also Asia wouldn't be bad.

I am a rather good looking guy, tall and fit with a Canadian and Spanish passport.

I came to the conclusion that unless you are rich, the easiest option to get another passport is to marry a local.

What countries offer almost instant (less than one year waiting time) Citizenship upon civil union / marriage?

I heard Luxembourg is one of them, they literally offer instant citizenship if you get married in Luxembourg and pass some tests, but finding a Luxembourgian woman is basically impossible and they are not going to be as easy as Brazilians for example...

Any one has a list of the Best countries that offer almost instant citizenship through a relationship?
Ideally without LONG residency requirements in that country... for example, Italy allows you to get Citizenship even if you are a non-Italian resident , as long as you were married for 2-3 years to an Italian Citizen.

As a side note, I already have a girlfriend, but this doesn't stop me from getting another one, or a temporary Wife :D

I heard Luxembourg is one of them, they literally offer instant citizenship if you get married in Luxembourg and pass some tests, but finding a Luxembourgian woman is basically impossible and they are not going to be as easy as Brazilians for example...
Note that its not a legal requirement to marry someone of opposite sex in Luxembourg.

As far as I know Cabo Verde is the only country that allows to submit a citizenship application immediately after marriage.
Luxembourg requires you to be a legal resident before marriage (I'm not sure if any type of residence permit counts) otherwise you will have to wait for 3 years:
"Acquiring Luxembourgish nationality by option
Case no. 3: in the event of marriage to a Luxembourger
The option is open in the event of marriage to a Luxembourger, provided that:
1° they have knowledge of the Luxembourgish language, as evidenced by a Luxembourgish language test pass certificate;
2° they have taken the “Vivre ensemble au Grand-Duché de Luxembourg” course or passed the test covering the topics taught in this course. If the applicant is not a resident of Luxembourg, Luxembourgish nationality can only be acquired after 3 years of marriage immediately preceding the option declaration."

Please note, that countries that allow you to submit a citizenship application soon after marriage will process your application another one or two years, or even longer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dylan Walsh
As far as I know Cabo Verde is the only country that allows to submit a citizenship application immediately after marriage.
Luxembourg requires you to be a legal resident before marriage (I'm not sure if any type of residence permit counts) otherwise you will have to wait for 3 years:
"Acquiring Luxembourgish nationality by option
Case no. 3: in the event of marriage to a Luxembourger
The option is open in the event of marriage to a Luxembourger, provided that:
1° they have knowledge of the Luxembourgish language, as evidenced by a Luxembourgish language test pass certificate;
2° they have taken the “Vivre ensemble au Grand-Duché de Luxembourg” course or passed the test covering the topics taught in this course. If the applicant is not a resident of Luxembourg, Luxembourgish nationality can only be acquired after 3 years of marriage immediately preceding the option declaration."

Please note, that countries that allow you to submit a citizenship application soon after marriage will process your application another one or two years, or even longer.

i am a EU citizen, I could move to Luxembourg tomorrow and set my "residency" there. The problem is finding a woman with a local nationality is almost impossible as they are all expat from other countries.

this forum brings some new unorthodox ideas every day
Here is a better plan for you: hang around at the Thermes Marins of Montecarlo. There you will find many bored older women/grannies. You might not get another passport but it can be better than winning the lottery!
I only like women below 25 and at least 5.9ft tall.

this forum brings some new unorthodox ideas every day
Do you know what's unorthodox? loosing 50% of your hard earned money to your daddy government. you normalise that into your mind hence now think that getting married to someone for a Visa is somewhat unethical. If she likes you and you like her, there is nothing bad about it.

Always wanted to marry a rich banker on his deathbed, and get his life insurance / widow's pension after.
Do you know any that would do it for 100K?
No, but you have roughly 50 homeless people with Luxembourgish passports currently available, unless they are already married.
Im quite confident that some of them are marriage-happy if you offer them 100k.

i am a EU citizen, I could move to Luxembourg tomorrow and set my "residency" there. The problem is finding a woman with a local nationality is almost impossible as they are all expat from other countries.
There are many Portuguese expats who became citizens. The main issue though is the age difference since you will have to marry a widow who is 30 or 40 years older than you (since nobody else is going to do that for 100k). Even though you are a EU citizen such a marriage with an older citizen always looks suspicious and your citizenship application may be denied.

Last edited:
Don't fall for that scam.

I mean, honestly to have passports is nice but marriage is a scam

Always wanted to marry a rich banker on his deathbed, and get his life insurance / widow's pension after.
Do you know any that would do it for 100K?
If you are a man, you might have a chance.

If you are a woman, competition is fierce.

You have 18-21 yo girls from South East Asia who look like piranhas when they spot an old foreign dude in the streets. And those girls have so much "energy" they could "terminate" the old guy in bed.

As a matter of fact I personally know a filipina who married a guy. She was 30 years younger than him. Dude died after just 10 months, cancer. She is collecting a 2,500 eur/month pension for the rest of her f*****g life. Also cash and property (200k EUR). She found a new younger guy and had a kid with him. It's almost like winning the lottery at this point.

As a kind of good looking man (blonde, blue eyes), I regret I didn't chase old women when I was in my 20s. Considering I was horny as hell at the time and a perv, I would probably had let them have a lot of fun without having some gag reflex .

Last edited:
Reactions: Jbb1
Don't fall for that scam.

I mean, honestly to have passports is nice but marriage is a scam

If you are a man, you might have a chance.

If you are a woman, competition is fierce.

You have 18-21 yo girls from South East Asia who look like piranhas when they spot an old foreign dude in the streets. And those girls have so much "energy" they could "terminate" the old guy in bed.

As a matter of fact I personally know a filipina who married a guy. She was 30 years younger than him. Dude died after just 10 months, cancer. She is collecting a 2,500 eur/month pension for the rest of her f*****g life. Also cash and property (200k EUR). She found a new younger guy and had a kid with him. It's almost like winning the lottery at this point.

As a kind of good looking man (blonde, blue eyes), I regret I didn't chase old women when I was in my 20s. Considering I was horny as hell at the time and a perv, I would probably had let them have a lot of fun without having some gag reflex .

So now you're afraid of young women because they might "kill you" in bed? Get your a*s in the gym and stop worrying about this nonsense.

@scooterguy this is a bad era to be illiterate. Where the hell you read this thing

Maybe I misunderstood. What did you mean by this?:

Looks overly exaggerated unless the guy is in terrible shape.

We were talking about young marrying an old person for the pension. I told to the user that if she is a woman looking to get an old man, she will have a lot of comperition, as old men are chased by very young women, guess what, not for love but for their sweet money and pension. The thing about the "energy" and "terminate" in bed yes is indeed an exagerration but in fact these girls will try anything to make the old men die, including overfeeding them, refill their alcoholic drink, etc. Old men (we are talking about 70s+) are far from being in good shape to be honest. Unfortunately I know a few filipinas who are just waiting for their old husbands to die as soon as possible because they want the money. I'm married myself although my wife (filipina) and me are in the same age bracket. Some of her acquaintances (I wouldn't call them friends) are just crap and really made me change my view on relationships, marriage etc.