Our valued sponsor

What does EMI mean? Is it a bank account? Still a payment processor?

EMI = Electronic Money (E-Money) Institution. It can be a lot of different things under the PSD2 (EU Payment Services Directive 2) but in this context, it usually means a financial institution which offers bank-like products such as payment accounts with IBAN and prepaid cards.

EMIs can also be payment processors, money remittance companies, and a providers of whole range of different services.

Reactions: deemj
Some EMI will also offer payment processing to accept payments online i.e. visa and mastercard while others only do the same as a bank does just without credit and mortgage.

I want to find an anonymous offshore bank account, as long as my name does not appear.

That doesn't exist anymore. Without breaking the law, the closest you can get would be to use a nominee bank account signatory. They will still disclose your name to the bank but your name wouldn't appear on the account itself usually.

How do I deposit my money into an EMI account?

You can deposit money into EMI via bank transfer. Some, such as Revolut and TransferWise, support topping up by debit/credit card.

That doesn't exist anymore. Without breaking the law, the closest you can get would be to use a nominee bank account signatory. They will still disclose your name to the bank but your name wouldn't appear on the account itself usually.

You can deposit money into EMI via bank transfer. Some, such as Revolut and TransferWise, support topping up by debit/credit card.
Is EMI anonymous? Can I apply anonymously?