Our valued sponsor

What if I use high-quality fake documents to open bank account and incorporate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

electric

Corporate Services
Business Angel
Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
My goal is to create an offshore company with an offshore bank account that has true anonymity from my government, and no direct tie to me personally.

(NOTE - I am not planning to do any very bad business such as drugs or money laundering or things like that. I actually have a legitimate online business that is not illegal. I am simply wanting to keep the money away from my own country so my business pays no taxes. This way I can grow my cash much faster and retire, somewhere else, sooner.)

I am interested in creating an offshore company in Belize or Seychelles with a bank account in Latvia or Cyprus or Hong Kong. (These banking locations are necessary so that I can get a good merchant account and paypal.) However, I do not want anyone to have the ability to trace anything back to me. My government is very thorough, and I fear they will discover who is the true beneficial owner (signatory details) of the bank accounts if I use any of my real info. Also, it's probably just a matter of time before my country and Belize/Seychelles/Latvia/Cyprus/HK sign tax and law treaties to share info. It's inevitable, it seems.

So I am wondering if it is possible to incorporate the offshore company and open the bank account(s) using fake identification documents. For example, it is relatively simple to obtain a very valid-looking passport, driver's license, birth certificate, utilities documents, and banking statements from Canada or any EU country. These documents would be using a fictitious name such as "John Smith" and would use my real photo. (If the bank ever suspends the account and demands to see me, then it would be infinitely beneficial to have the documents match my face. Also, I understand I must be physically present in HK to open a bank account, so having my face match the documents is unfortunately a necessity.)

My question is about whether the offshore banks and incorporation service providers actually use the passport and other information provided to truly authenticate their customer. So let's say that I obtain a fake passport and documents from Canada. Will the bank in Latvia or Cyprus or HK actually call the Canada consulate/embassy and ask to verify if the passport information or birth certificate I provided is valid? (Is that even possible?) Or do they just look over the documents, check for any obvious signs of badness, and then file things away into a drawer in case someone comes asking for it later?

Obviously, the biggest risk is that, if discovered, the bank will freeze the account and I will lose access to the money until I can prove whatever they ask. (This is why the photo must match my face, since I would probably need to visit them personally.) I understand that. So what I am asking about is *how* could the bank find out that the information I provided to open the account is fake? What would lead them to investigate and suspend the account, and how could I prevent it? What would make the bank suspicious of fake documents?

My goal is to create an offshore company and open an offshore bank account that has true anonymity from my government, with no direct ties to me personally.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
My question is about whether the offshore banks and incorporation service providers actually use the passport and other information provided to truly authenticate their customer. So let's say that I obtain a fake passport and documents from Canada. Will the bank in Latvia or Cyprus or HK actually call the Canada consulate/embassy and ask to verify if the passport information or birth certificate I provided is valid? (Is that even possible?) Or do they just look over the documents, check for any obvious signs of badness, and then file things away into a drawer in case someone comes asking for it later?
Both instances will check if the documents provided are actually valid and not a fake! If the bank finds out (and htey will sooner or later) then they will close the account or just refuse to open the account. Seen this lots of times.

Both instances will check if the documents provided are actually valid and not a fake!
How would they find out the documents are fake? I actually spoke with a friend who works in the Canadian embassy in the city where I live, and she told me that it is impossible for any foreign (non USA) company or person to obtain information from them. In other words, Offshore Bank in Belize can't simply call the Canada embassy in Belize (or wherever) and say, "Hey, I've got this passport in front of me.. can you tell me if it's valid?".

It seems even less likely that Canada Telephone Company would reveal information about their customers, either. Ditto for driver's license confirmation, etc... All of these company's and government entities have pretty strict privacy policies that forbid release of information.

I'm using Canada as an example here... but what if the documents I used were from some much lesser known country such as Guatamala or WhateverStan? Would Offshore Bank actually be able to call the bank in WhateverStan and try to verify my information? If WhateverStan has no embassy in any other country, then how would Offshore Bank do the verify?

So how exactly would the Offshore Bank verify the documents in front of them?

Well, there is an international databse available where such checks can be conducucted, actually there is as well Interpol and other instances where you can match data.. I can't come it close, however, it is the same way all International banks verify data, including Acquiring Banks who provide MID's to Internet merchants.

Well' date=' there is an international databse available where such checks can be conducucted, [/quote']
Really? What is this database called? Which country runs it? (Or countries?)

Do you mean to say, there is an openly available (to banks and ??) database that contains information about the current passport details, telephone and utilities statement and billing information, birth certificate details, banking info, etc... for every person in the world, from every country?

This seems somewhat unlikely. (Unless the NSA has granted access to their database. haha.)

... there is as well Interpol and other instances where you can match data..
Yes, Interpol does keep a database of information. (I actually know a database admin who works there.) However, access to their information databases is strictly controlled, and there is no way possible that someone from Offshore Bank is going to be allowed access to lookup information about you or me or anyone else without some serious firepower behind them as a good reason. (ie: You can't simply phone up Interpol and request they verify if Some-Random-Passport Number A123 is valid or if the billing address for telephone or utility bill XYZ is correct.

...it is the same way all International banks verify data' date=' including Acquiring Banks who provide MID's to Internet merchants.[/quote']
Yes, I've heard over and over that banks "verify" information provided to them, yet nobody can actually tell me what they *do* to verify the information. Everyone repeats the same answer, yet nobody has any details beyond saying there is an internationally accessible database full of the super-private details of every citizen of every country somewhere out there for banks to dip their fingers into. (ie: Very unlikely.)

It seems to me, that it is really technically impossible (or at least, extremely difficult and therefore highly unlikely to occur) to actually truly verify if a passport is valid, unless you have access to government provided data. How can you use a telephone or utilities statement to "prove" anything, unless you are able to actually call and contact someone who works in that telephone or utility company to verify the details? For example, If I sent you a notarized birth certificate, it would be practically impossible for you to validate anything the certificate says, since I was born in a country that no longer even exists. (Now part of another country.) I can easily apostille the birth certificate and other documents myself with a little photoshop skill and a stamp.

Interestingly enough, I actually am related to a person (by marriage) who works for a border crossing area in a major European airport. He tells me there is some information sharing between the EU and USA/Canada so when they scan an EU/USA/Canada passport they can get *some* limited information... but almost 99% of what they are doing when they look at your passport is checking to see if they *think* it is a forgery or not. There are some technological checks (for embedded RFID chip), certain type of paper, but the actual information they can see when validating you at the border is barely anything beyond confirmation of your name, passport number, and the other identification data printed in the passport. He told me that this information is highly private and sensitive, and he would lose his job if he allowed anyone to see the information on his screen when he scans a passport. When I asked him if he thought a bank in Seychelles would have access to the same information he has, he laughed and said it is very highly unlikely, unless that bank was a secret arm of the NSA.

So... again, I would like to ask anyone who works at a bank or any other place who requests "verification documents" from their clients.... What do you actually do to validate the documents I provided to you to open an account? (Passport, telephone statement, birth certificate, letter of recommendation from another bank, utilities statement, etc. How do you verify the document(s) in question are actually valid and not a fake?

Thanks.

Really? What is this database called? Which country runs it? (Or countries?)
Do you mean to say, there is an openly available (to banks and ??) database that contains information about the current passport details, telephone and utilities statement and billing information, birth certificate details, banking info, etc... for every person in the world, from every country?

This seems somewhat unlikely. (Unless the NSA has granted access to their database. haha.)
No that's not what I say, but there is a database in place where (banks and financial institutions) are able to lookup passports, a utility bill isn't that difficult, just use Yellow pages and you have all the info you want. Also there are advanced Anti Fraud tools which the banks have in place to run complicated matches. I don't know what and how they do, however, I know we have seen it lots of times that accounts get terminated due to fraud.

However, we had a discussion here on the forum for a year or two ago, what people did there is to use a $15 Mexican person to apply for all that and it seems to have worked since then!!

Or Tax evasion....

I doubt that using fake documents will be any issue! If the documents are good they may work. I have been reading this forum for years and followed some intersting threads, one was about this mexican guy who's documents can be bought for a few bucks, that may work for the most. Not sure if the pal on the street has a utility bill but Im sure they can fix such.

Why even break the law with fake documents?
Go get Camouflage passports in Defunk countries. Then take those passports to Off shore State DMV , get licnese and go get bank account.

Keep in mind all these people Commenting here "Corporate services" are heavily invested in making you believe they are needed. Once you peek behind the curtain and see thier documents and Vodo is all theatrical and they Arent Needed then they cant pay for thier kids college, they cant keep thier wife happy , they loose thier income because you aren't paying them huge sum of money to shuffle paper.

It's nearly 8 years later after this post was created. Would be fun to hear how things have gone

Okay this thread is 6 years old and you reopen it with a reply. I have a feeling you are one of the scam artist that just got banned and you know who I mean.. you will get banned again if you proceed this way, this time I will remove all your posts at the same time.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.