Our valued sponsor

What is the best way to raise 25M EUR?

I can sense that you have really seen the light from such a statement. It's always foolish to underestimate other people and platforms. But I am sorry to hear that you are not able to raise 25 EUR - Hereby you have won 1 piece of Mentor Group Light membership for a month. It's worth 65 EUR and I hope it can help you find your way to the 25 EUR.

Enjoy.
Haha, I only just saw this. I hope so.

I would have been SURPRISED if he didn't. Nobody knows your business better than you. Don't let ANYONE try to "CON"vince you differently! ;)

Recently, my CFO proposed a financing deal that exceeded my initial request (instead of loan of 2M he brought 5M). However, the tenure of the loan was shorter than desired, and it required pledging a 50% stake in my company.

Additionally, the CFO sought to acquire equity by paying only a portion of the share value upfront, committing to pay the remainder over three years.

Upon reviewing this proposal, I made the decision to terminate the CFO's contract immediately. Regrettably, this decision came after a significant investment in both retainer fees and nearly four years of engagement.

I am now seeking guidance on how to secure a CFO who is committed to their fiduciary duties and not trying to rob you.

• Wow
Reactions: kkein and jafo
I am now seeking guidance on how to secure a CFO who is committed to their fiduciary duties and not trying to rob you.
Then you should not be looking for a CFO....

Any (competent) CFO will aim to maximize their compensation, so it’s wise to tie their pay to performance and the achievement of company goals to ensure they are truly invested in the business. If you just throw money at them, that gives them 0 incentive to do anything. Additionally, potential investors may prefer to place their own candidate in the CFO position. This can be beneficial in the long term, particularly if you ensure that any new shareholder's objectives align with yours.

Then you should not be looking for a CFO....

Any (competent) CFO will aim to maximize their compensation, so it’s wise to tie their pay to performance and the achievement of company goals to ensure they are truly invested in the business. If you just throw money at them, that gives them 0 incentive to do anything. Additionally, potential investors may prefer to place their own candidate in the CFO position. This can be beneficial in the long term, particularly if you ensure that any new shareholder's objectives align with yours.

Then who should facilitate business loans or bonds in the company if not CFO?

I understand that as business owner I am responsible for everything, however I believe that this just a job and should be delegated to appropriate person with specific skills.

Reactions: jafo
Then who should facilitate business loans or bonds in the company if not CFO?

I understand that as business owner I am responsible for everything, however I believe that this just a job and should be delegated to appropriate person with specific skills.
A CFO isnt always that pro-active person.

What you are looking for is some with a network. I would call that a special advisor for instance.

Your best chance is to buy a lottery ticket
perfect answer. Although I thought it was a good answer, I don't think one should joke about it. Raising 25 million euros is difficult without, as already mentioned, a network or solid background. But everything starts with a thought, and if one learns to execute and believe enough in their idea, then it will come to them. It's just hard for many people to keep the faith long enough and not give up 3 meters before the goal.

What is wrong to discuss the way to finance your business? I am not looking for investors or not interested to find the way to scam someone. All i asked is how to finance purchase of another company.

I see plenty of companies issue bonds for 300M and buying on that money other companies and nobody making a silly jokes out of them.

My current business cannot justify 300M, but anything between 10M to 25M absolutely feasible, so i don’t understand why some members making a jokes.

I am truly believe that other members comes here for professional opinions of people which are entertaining them by anonymously sharing their opinions in their free time. Meanwhile over members by their wise comments building a trust and obtaining potential clients.

Or I misunderstood the point of OCT?

Reactions: jafo and Don
What is wrong to discuss the way to finance your business? I am not looking for investors or not interested to find the way to scam someone. All i asked is how to finance purchase of another company.

I see plenty of companies issue bonds for 300M and buying on that money other companies and nobody making a silly jokes out of them.

My current business cannot justify 300M, but anything between 10M to 25M absolutely feasible, so i don’t understand why some members making a jokes.

I am truly believe that other members comes here for professional opinions of people which are entertaining them by anonymously sharing their opinions in their free time. Meanwhile over members by their wise comments building a trust and obtaining potential clients.

This is a very difficult situation. I thought I gave you a reasonable answer here: What is the best way to raise 25M EUR?

but frankly, I don't even know what you produce or who the other (target?) company is. Not that I would be a candidate. I invest solely in public companies.

Have you tried these funding options? How to Raise Money for a Business: 11 Sources of Funding

Reactions: GPT

You could go public. There are many ways to do that, more or less legit. You will spend a lot of money on attorneys, the sponsoring bank will make a lot of money, and you could make quite a good buck too. And/or go to jail, depending on how you handle it.

The real economy is not correlated to the stock market in China. Too many state owned enterprises, complete lack of transparency for the shareholders, lack of governance policies. China stock market is more of a gamble, and the Chinese actually view it exactly this way. They invest in it for the very short term, almost like when they gamble on horse races lol.

Your best chance is to buy a lottery ticket

I invest solely in public companies.

In short, you can invest in Chinese companies to get the funding doh948""

Apart from that, could you post more details about the company (or PM me)? It sounds interesting. Maybe, we can open an OCT fund, where everybody can put some money and we buy a Sand Mine in Guyana, a Data Destruction Patent and a Bulgarian Only Fans Agency.

This is a very difficult situation. I thought I gave you a reasonable answer here: What is the best way to raise 25M EUR?

As I mentioned earlier, I am finding your answers valuable and I very much appreciate it. Currently I am making some of homework based on what have been mentioned. While figuring out what else could be done.

but frankly, I don't even know what you produce or who the other (target?) company is. Not that I would be a candidate. I invest solely in public companies.

I am in the sector of medical devices. We experience about 25% annual grow for the last decade and I am chasing it with expanding factory and opening factories in Asia to hedge risks in Europe. Orders from customers covering our production capacity for the entire year, despite increase of production. We have credits from local banks and EU grants, however it is not a 10M-25M.

My target company which is also manufacture of the medical products which could be sold via my channels, so it will be very much complementary. Large competitors practically doing the same and buying companies, however they are public and seems has unlimited resources.

Last year I have opened a facility there. However it is very long journey. Currently I am financing it from our own profit. Banks in China seems very open to finance it too, but they want to see some export. I hope next year we will have some figures to show.

• Love
Now we are getting somewhere.

Being a niche player you are likely more appealing to be taken over than you taking over. That creates an extra challenge for you.

Have you considered going IPO? Going down that road you will come across a lot of parties with the much needed money. You might bump into one that shares your vision and allows you to keep the company private.

Keep in mind that someone couching up the dough will want something in return. And that won’t be just an interest rate.

@2fire I think your best bet is private debt. Based on what I read and the size, I'd try Muzinich or similar boutique investment firms. Pay in mind in EU the regulation changes dramatically in each country so be sure to inform yourself while you approach potential investors.

Feel free to DM for any question

Apart from that, could you post more details about the company (or PM me)? It sounds interesting. Maybe, we can open an OCT fund, where everybody can put some money and we buy a Sand Mine in Guyana, a Data Destruction Patent and a Bulgarian Only Fans Agency.

I think you quoted my post from another thread. I definitely did not write this on here